Senior Counsel (Corporate and Finance) at Mosaic
Who We Are
Mosaic makes the modern home possible by providing financing to homeowners for home improvement projects, including generating and storing their own solar energy as well as other energy-efficient upgrades. Mosaic empowers solar and home improvement professionals to deliver financing through a simple point-of-sale app creating a hassle-free and positive experience for both the contractor and homeowner. Since 2012, Mosaic has originated more than $3 billion in loans across the US. Come join our team and help build the movement towards 100% clean energy for all.
To complement our rapid growth, we are seeking a passionate Senior Counsel to join our legal team. In this role, you will provide analysis and counsel for a wide range of legal matters, including advising on corporate governance, commercial and capital markets activities, as well as anticipating and guarding against legal risks facing the company. An ideal candidate is someone who has proven knowledge of the consumer lending industry and the complexities and constraints that a CFPB-regulated specialty finance company faces. This role reports directly to the General Counsel.
- Collaborate cross functionally with Mosaic teams including Accounting, Finance, Risk, Sales, Product and the Office of the CEO
- Serve as lead in-house counsel on debt and financings, securitizations, bank partnerships, whole loan sales, acquisitions and strategic partnerships, including due diligence and post-closing integration
- Review, draft and negotiate commercial agreements, including vendor agreements, master service agreements and nondisclosure agreements
- Provide counsel on general corporate matters, including entity organizational structure, real estate, and insurance
- Advise on employment, equity plan administration and executive compensation matters
- Manage the company’s intellectual property portfolio
- Ensure timely identification, mitigation and resolution of existing and emerging legal issues and risks, and escalating appropriate issues as needed
- Support the continuous improvement of the company's legal processes
What you bring to the team
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) and membership in good standing of a state bar
- You have 5+ years of legal experience in a top-tier law firm and/or in-house company’s legal department
- Experience leading capital markets, debt and equity financings as well as other strategic corporate and financial transactions
- You have experience advising on corporate governance matters
- Willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters and high comfort level with a wide range of legal issues and subject matters
- High personal standards of excellence and ethics, as well as the ability to act with discretion, strict confidentiality and sensitivity towards issues and individuals
- Outstanding communication skills, an ability to anticipate and deliver on the needs of a fast-paced and innovative business, and the flexibility to simultaneously manage multiple projects
We’re on a mission to revolutionize two of the biggest industries in the world: energy and finance. We’re looking for purpose-driven individuals to help make it happen.
We focus on the integration of doing good (for the planet) and doing well (financially). We value the well-being of our colleagues, and provide benefits that help us work with joy. We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and promoting a culture of collaboration and appreciation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Mosaic. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.