Senior Counsel, Corporate and Securities at Unity Technologies
Unity is looking for a Senior Counsel, Corporate and Securities to join its growing Legal team. In this role, you will be responsible for providing legal support for corporate functions across our global organization. You will work cross functionally with Unity’s legal, accounting, tax, treasury, corporate development, marketing and human resources teams and interact with all levels of the business.
What you’ll be doing
- Assist with Unity’s public company compliance obligations including preparing disclosure documents, including periodic and current reports, and proxy statement. Establish processes and procedures to ensure compliance for Unity as a recently public company
- Advise on corporate governance matters, including developing board materials and updating corporate policies
- Provide legal support for Unity’s global equity program, including managing securities law requirements, drafting equity plan documents and advising on structuring elements of our equity programs
- Manage affiliate trading matters, including Section 16 reporting and 10b5-1 plans
- Advise on legal aspects of corporate activities such as securities offerings, treasury activities and intercompany agreements
- Periodically support M&A transactions, including drafting and negotiating NDAs, term sheets and definitive agreements, conducting due diligence and advising on deal structures
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements as applicable and efficiently manage outside counsel on a global basis
What we’re looking for
- JD from an accredited law school and extensive experience at a top law firm or corporate law department with a national or international presence, specifically in corporate, securities or capital markets experience
- Knowledge of public company financial reporting rules and regulations relevant to securities law
- Ability to work directly with internal clients of every level of the organization and independently to take initiative to get things done
- Excellent judgment, communication (verbal and written), organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively across multiple groups and functions
- Desire to think creatively and strategically to solve problems along with a practical, business-focused mindset and willingness to dig into issues
You might also have
- Experience drafting and negotiating M&A-related documents
- Prior in-house experience working with advertising, enterprise software, Internet or high-tech companies
- Curious, with a sense of humor
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.