Senior Counsel, Dasher Products and Future of Work Initiatives at DoorDash
As Lead Product Counsel for Dasher Products and Future of Work Initiatives, you’ll have a broad range of responsibilities providing legal guidance on all product and operations initiatives developed for Dashers (the independent contractors who use the DoorDash platform to work). You will advise across the business to maintain DoorDash’s continued relationship with Dashers as independent contractors to preserve the flexibility they love. You will serve as the main legal advisor to all teams who build innovative features, products, and services and potential new business lines for Dashers. This includes the product managers and engineers who work on all products that are built for Dashers (the Dasher app), strategy and operations teams who work on continually improving the operations of the platform as well as providing new opportunities for Dashers, the policy teams advocating for the workforce rules of the future, and the teams laser-focused on continually improving the Dasher Experience. You’ll become an expert on our existing products and will help shape the development of new products and features in an ever-changing policy and legal landscape (TL;DR: exciting stuff!).About the Team
We’ve built a strong reputation within the company for our thoughtful, supportive approach to counseling, always with a bias for action. We’re team players and we’re always looking for ways to grow and excel together. Join us!You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Provide product and engineering teams with pragmatic and actionable day-to-day and strategic advice to minimize legal risks while advancing business goals and initiatives.
- Serve as the lead product attorney for all Dasher products by advising on laws and regulations relating to worker classification, privacy, payments, and more.
- Serve as liaison between your business clients and relevant legal team experts where needed (such as our litigation, privacy, and regulatory teams)
- Work closely with the Strategy & Operations teams and Policy teams in developing products and opportunities for the future of work for Dashers
- Independently develop practical guidance by synthesizing input from outside counsel, your own research, and feedback from internal stakeholders.
- You’re able to work autonomously while exercising sound judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- You have a proven ability to balance legal risk and business objectives regarding complicated and gray areas
- You have strong communication skills and an ability to deeply understand multiple complicated areas of law and apply them to a complicated business (logistics and fulfillment).
- You have a positive attitude and high EQ. You like working with people, and they like working with you. No job is too big or too small!
- JD from top law school, admitted to any state bar.
- 7-10+ years legal experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department, with at least two years focused on product counseling.
- Familiarity with the independent contractor classification legal landscape
- Strong judgment and ability to weigh risks and rewards
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage projects effectively
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.About DoorDash
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.