Senior Government Relations Lead
DoorDash is hiring a leader to help build our government relations team from the ground up. You will have wide-ranging responsibilities at the federal and state levels, with the opportunity to build an ambitious agenda and make an immediate impact on a fast-growing, dynamic business.
Based in San Francisco, you’ll work with the Head of Public Policy, other members of the policy team, senior executives, and departments throughout the company, including Legal, Comms, and Marketing, to execute our government relations strategy at the state and federal levels. You will build relationships with legislators and other officials around the country and abroad, make DoorDash’s presence felt in state capitals, and guide efforts to mobilize multiple constituencies to support our political agenda.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Craft and execute DoorDash’s legislative and political strategy at the state and federal levels, across the United States, with the potential for international work as well
- Build relationships with legislators, governors, and other elected officials and staff
- Represent DoorDash at legislative and regulatory hearings, including by providing testimony
- Mobilize the Dasher, merchant, and customer communities to support DoorDash’s political strategy
- Work with Comms and Marketing to design and execute public affairs campaigns
- Collaborate with policy development leads to craft policy solutions that serve our needs while meeting political realities
- Participate in trade groups and industry associations on behalf of the company
- Coordinate with counterparts at peer companies to build coalitions
- Manage external policy consultants
- BS or BA from an accredited university
- 10+ years of experience serving in government at the federal or state levels or working directly on public policy issues for corporate clients
- Strong political track-record and a proven ability to shape policy outcomes
- A deep understanding of government relations, including effective lobbying strategies, grassroots organizing, and the mechanics of policy-making
- Strong strategic thinker with polished written and oral advocacy skills
- Direct policy experience in the following areas: employment law, privacy, autonomous vehicles, food safety, and sales and indirect tax
- Willingness to travel frequently, including to the East Coast
- Intrinsically motivated but also a good teammate
- Government and in-house experience
- Campaign experience
- Significant state-level experience
- Experience in the tech industry, particularly the on-demand economy
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.