Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. on behalf of partner banks and facilitating over 10M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge a ton of traditional bank fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables members to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
Chime is seeking an exceptional Senior Paralegal. You will play a key role in providing organizational and substantive support to the Legal team and will have the opportunity to build out new systems and procedures. You will work alongside in-house Counsel, outside Counsel, and other team members to support e-discovery and research legal claims made against Chime in a variety of matters. You will also contribute to projects related to tool development and process improvements to increase operational efficiencies. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team, shape its identity and culture and work on cutting-edge issues in an exciting, team-first environment. As we expand our scope and size, your ideas and contributions will make an immediate and important impact. Come with a sense of adventure, collaboration and curiosity.
- Work alongside cross-functional teams to support e-discovery efforts; conduct fact-finding investigations and gather information, documents and data in response to regulatory and other inquiries.
- Manage responses to discovery requests
- Coordinate with external legal counsel on specific assignments, review preliminary advice and provide internal recommendations.
- Assist legal team in implementing tools and processes, including data preservation, collection, review and production procedures.
- Manage projects effectively, with a team-oriented approach and strong project management skills
- Communicate across teams and functions to support a collegial, collaborative culture of Chimers interested in following the rules!
- Minimum 7 - 8 years of legal experience; a mix of in-house and private practice experience is preferred
- Demonstrated e-discovery and matter management experience
- Ability to work with team members at all levels while remaining proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism, collaboration and discretion
- Ability to work independently
- Strong decision-making abilities and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- B.A./B.S degree
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.