DoorDash is hiring an exceptional and experienced Senior Product and Marketing Counsel to join our expanding legal team. You will be the lead lawyer for various product teams, as well as the primary counsel for our Brand and Growth Marketing teams.About the Role
As Senior Product and Marketing Counsel, you’ll have a broad range of responsibilities providing legal guidance on product development initiatives. You will serve as the main legal advisor to product and engineering teams that build innovative features, products, and services for our consumers and merchants. You’ll become an expert on our existing products and help shape the development of new technologies (TL;DR: exciting stuff!). You will also advise on marketing initiatives and campaigns - including in-app marketing to consumers and merchants. And as a member of a lean product counseling team at a dynamic and fast-growing company, you’ll have ample opportunity to work on a variety of other legal issues, partnering with teams across the company.
About the Team
We’ve built a strong reputation within the company for our confident, supportive approach to counseling, always with a bias for action. We’re team players and we’re always looking for ways to grow and excel together. Join us!
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Provide various product and engineering teams with pragmatic day to day and strategic advice to minimize legal risks while advancing business goals and initiatives.
- Serve as the lead product attorney for various consumer and merchant products advising on laws and regulations relating to consumer protection, payments, tax, subscriptions, marketing, and more.
- Advise our brand and growth marketing teams on local and national marketing campaigns, promotions, sweepstakes, etc.
- Serve as liaison between your product teams and relevant legal team experts (such as our teams’ experts in privacy, IP, litigation, data security, and commercial counseling)
- Own and build process for legal review of marketing materials
- Synthesize input from outside counsel, your own research, and feedback from internal stakeholders to provide practical guidance applicable to the teams you advise.
We’re excited about you because…
- You’re able to work autonomously while exercising sound judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- You are technically fluent
- You have a proven ability to balance legal risk and business objectives.
- You have a positive attitude and high EQ. No job is too big or too small!
- JD from top law school, admitted to any state bar.
- 7-10+ years legal experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department, with at least two years focused on product counseling.
- Familiarity with launching products and advising on the legal and regulatory aspects of product development in the technology space
- Marketing law experience (advertising, promotions, and more).
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage projects effectively
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.