Sr. Litigation Counsel at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is looking for a Senior Litigation Counsel who can contribute to our growing Legal team and work on complex issues in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The role will help advise on, develop, and implement a global strategy to manage all areas of potential litigation risk across a wide variety of subject matters. Areas of focus may include complex commercial law, intellectual property, unfair competition, trade secret, privacy, class-action litigation, and intermediary liability, among others. This role will manage all types of litigation processes, including case strategies, fact investigations and discovery, third-party subpoenas, briefings, ADR, outside counsel relationships, and engagement with insurance carriers related to litigation disputes. This role will report to Wish’s Deputy General Counsel.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a wide range of defensive and affirmative pre-litigation and litigation issues across varied subject matters, both domestically and internationally.
- Assist with regulator inquiries in numerous domestic and international jurisdictions.
- Manage the response to third-party subpoena requests.
- Manage the selection and relationships with outside counsel, including appropriate staffing, budget setting, discovery plans, legal research, and briefing.
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify risk areas and develop systems and procedures to manage and reduce risk.
- Work to resolve disputes appropriately and in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Develop and manage internal processes related to litigation, including existing and new eDiscovery and litigation-management tools.
- Learn the Wish business, issue-spot potential risks areas as they may arise, and communicate effectively with Legal and non-Legal teams.
- J.D. with membership in at least one U.S. state bar.
- 10+ years of legal experience either in-house or with a reputable law firm.
- Experience advising clients or internal stakeholders on complex legal issues both domestically and internationally.
- Ability efficiently to manage numerous matters under time-sensitive deadlines.
- The desire to dig into and have autonomy over complex legal issues.
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced, innovative and demanding environment.
- Sound and practical business judgment, intellectual creativity, work ethic, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with internal partners (including senior company executives) and external stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a commitment to professionalism.
- Sense of humor and ability to not take yourself too seriously.
- Prior in-house experience within a high-growth company.
- Prior experience as a judicial clerk and/or role with significant courtroom experience.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to e-commerce or platforms/marketplaces.
- Comfort with various technical tools and systems.
- Project-management experience.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.