"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is looking for an Advertising Measurement Research to help our advertisers succeed on our platform. This role will be an integral part of the Marketing Sciences team, and overall Marketing organization – driving our value proposition to agencies and brands by demonstrating the power and performance of Reddit as a media platform. In short, we’re looking for a measurement lead with a marketers mindset.
As Reddit is a rapidly growing company, your primary responsibilities will evolve over time and there is significant opportunity to drive impact within Reddit and career growth. This role reports directly to the Head of Measurement.
- Daily responsibilities will focus on research and development of a variety of measurement methodologies, algorithms, and products that support our sales and measurement efforts.
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative methods to help improve our measurement and experimentation capabilities in areas such as attitudinal survey research, offline and online sales/ROI measurement, impression/attribution/conversion tracking, sentiment analysis, natural language processing, and custom research.
- Work with measurement partners to understand methodologies and their impact on Reddit.
- Leverage measurement results to drive sales impact - developing performance benchmarks, case studies, media & creative best practices, and refinement/optimization to our audience and targeting strategy to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support the execution of innovative primary research that amplifies our narrative and value proposition to advertisers, and the development of insights products that position Reddit as a curator of business-critical learnings to advertisers.
- Advise our go-to-market teams with deep measurement expertise
- Represent Reddit to the larger research and analytics industry through speaking engagements, white papers, and conferences.
Who you are:
- A data-driven researcher that’s passionate about using data and analytics to develop innovative measurement methodologies and products.
- PhD in Statistics, Experimental Economics/Econometrics, Statistical Physics, Epidemiology, Political Science, Computational Linguistics, Computational Neuroscience, or similar quantitative discipline.
- Expertise in experimental and quasi-experimental design.
- Deep knowledge of advanced statistical methods, with a focus on causal inference.
- Familiarity with qualitative research methods.
- Proficiency with big data technologies (SQL, Hadoop, Big Query) and the ability to work with extremely large data sets.
- You are familiar with the ad tech and ad measurement landscape and the primary vendors, products, and services that advertisers use to measure performance - and how it all works from a technical perspective.
- You have a strong background in the execution, analysis, and presentation of quantitative research.
- Ability to drive innovative research and work through ambiguity to drive results.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills – you’re articulate and engaging.
- 2+ years in ad research or ad tech a plus.
What You Can Expect From Us:
Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
Family Expansion Benefits
4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
Professional & Personal Development Stipends
Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
401k Plan with Employer Contributions
Monthly Commuter Stipend
Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities