Communications and PR Lead at Miro
Miro has grown organically into a product beloved by more than 4 million users – and now it’s time to spread the word to an even broader audience. As a collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed and remote teamwork, we are uniquely positioned to lead the conversation around the future of work. We’re looking for an experienced communications and PR lead to own our strategy and help evolve our corporate, product, and brand storytelling. You’ll be part of the Content and Communications team, which creates content and messaging that educates and inspires across multiple touch points.
As the first PR-focused member of the Marketing team, you’ll have the opportunity to build the program from the ground up and lay the foundation for our future success. You’ll have full ownership of PR programs and will be enabled and supported to execute on programs that build on the existing strengths of our product, brand, and community.What you’ll do
- Develop a holistic communications and PR plan including strategy, goals, budget, and tactics
- Create a media relations strategy to secure coverage in digital, print, and broadcast media
- Manage a budget and PR agency
- Create content for press releases, bylines, speaking abstracts, etc.
- Develop thought leadership programs and platforms that position our companies and employees as thought leaders
- Support internal communications
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Partnerships, People Operations, Legal, and other teams as needed
- Define the success metrics of our PR program and communicate results regularly
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English, marketing (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years working in communications at a technology company or an agency
- Track record of securing media coverage, developing compelling thought leadership programs, and growing brand awareness
- Strong relationships with technology and business media
- Experience managing external agencies preferred
- Excellent health benefits that include medical, dental and vision
- 401k matching
- Flexible time off
- Catered lunches + free snacks and drinks
- Team outings and collaboration
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 5 million users and 20,000 paying customers, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EA, and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!