Communications Manager at Udemy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:07 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, April 2, 2020
We are looking for an experienced Communications Manager to help scale communications at Udemy. In this key role, you’ll be a valued member of the communications team and will work on a variety of internal and external communications programs. This person will be a trusted advisor to leadership and will also work on external communications initiatives, including executive thought leadership.
You have an inclusive leadership style, possess deep emotional intelligence, and are a clear communicator. You have internal and executive communications experience, are a great writer, possess powerful influencing skills, and know-how to deliver the right cadence of communications to a globally distributed workforce. You anticipate the needs of others, operate with integrity, and are driven to create an environment of open and honest dialogue and communication.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Develop, execute, and manage communications programs in a consistent Udemy voice
- Partner with leadership and operations teams to produce effective company all-hands meetings and leadership meetings
- Contribute/lead on integrated communications programs, campaigns, and execution
- Expect the unexpected - be the calm in the storm who springs into action when required for rapid-response communications
We're excited about you because you have:
- Proven experience building and scaling communications programs across geographically dispersed teams in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise turning complex information into engaging, timely, and valuable content for employees and external audiences
- Exemplary judgment, with an ability to influence others and navigate ambiguity
- Experience and comfort managing multiple high-visibility projects simultaneously
- Experience working collaboratively and building cross-functional relationships
- 7+ years of experience in communications, with comfort working with executive leadership
- Creative thinking and strong decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an eye for detail
- Strong working knowledge of online communication channels and processes, including Slack
- Passion for advancing Udemy’s mission around the world!
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description