Competitive Product Marketing Manager at TripActions
TripActions is looking for a meticulous and data-driven marketer to help us orchestrate and execute competitive research and sales enablement. Candidate will play an instrumental role as an expert on our users, our product and especially the corporate travel management industry at large, as well as stay abreast with our new capabilities and our market value as we enable the field and marketing team to drive awareness around the globe.
The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a high growth environment with a multi-disciplinary, customer-first mindset. The candidate can think at the 30,000 ft and the microscopic level. The candidate cares equally about efficiency, quality and execution and knows that teamwork really does make the dream work. The person is flexible, open-minded and transparent with a proven track record of delivering.
This position can be located in either our Seattle, Chicago or Palo Alto/San Francisco offices.
What You’ll Do:
- Own key competitive initiatives, including analysis and assets, development of per competitor differentiators, certification program, and input into cross-functional launches
- Build out our library of enablement assets, arming field teams with tools that speed up sales cycles, drive bigger deals, and reliable retention rates
- Refine our value story and create supporting assets that empower our field teams to tell it with conviction and proactively addresses the competitive landscape
- Partner closely with the product team, to shape the roadmap through competitive insight and product positioning around key launches -- an effort that will accelerate our growth, drive user delight and build our brand
- Be a product expert and evangelist both internally and externally, developing a deep understanding of market needs and trends, and how we should position ourselves
- Collaborate with partners on the marketing and sales teams to develop campaigns that carry product messages to market (e.g., webinars, digital, live events, videos) to generate pipeline and customer adoption
What We’re Looking For:
- 2-5+ years in competitive or product marketing. Past roles in a technically focused role such as business/marketing ops or engineering will also be considered
- Past experience or exposure to sales enablement including content/learning/knowledge management systems,
- Experience in building competitive collateral such as playbooks, handbooks, battlecards
- A proven track record of multi-disciplinary work across multiple teams and stakeholder tiers
- Strong communication, powerpoint, and writing skills
- Creative thinker that independently generates and executes on innovative ideas. Doesn’t just deliver the product, thinks of what’s next and how to make it better
- Established ability to successfully drive projects with minimal guidance
- Organizational skills to manage competing projects with tight deadlines effectively
- Proven track record in crafting compelling positioning and thought leadership content
- A-plus if you have a background in travel or travel tech, B2B SaaS, lifecycle marketing