Corporate Services and Marketing Category Manager
What you'll do
- Lead: The Corporate Services Category Manager will lead the development and execution of a strategic sourcing plan and vendor management for the Corporate Services category across DoorDash. This will include category strategy, vendor and market due diligence, RFx, negotiation and spend analytics. The category engagements will include but may not be limited to spend in the following areas:
- Corporate and Professional Services
- Non-technology physical goods (ex: hot bags)
- Contingent Labor
- Collaborate: You will work across all lines of leadership to align short and long term vision with company strategy, capture requirements, communicate with vendors and manage supplier performance, promoting success as we continue to grow our business.
- Execute: This subject matter expert will perform data analysis and partner management related to Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), spend optimization, and cost modeling to influence and guide decision-making with senior leadership throughout DoorDash. Contract/cost negotiation, vendor management, Procure to Pay (P2P) methodology, Goal development and monitoring are primary competencies.
- Passion for strategic sourcing/procurement, negotiation, and contracting with suppliers
- Deep industry knowledge of marketing category (best practices, cost benchmarking, negotiation approach)
- Highly motivated person who excels in a fast moving, dynamic work environment without sacrificing attention to detail
- Excellent relationship management skills (i.e. peers, colleagues, executives)
- Work with and influence Executive partners
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) in business, finance, engineering, supply chain or related field. MBA or JD is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Category Management/Strategic Sourcing/Procurement in well established companies
- Outstanding verbal and written skills; with the ability to take complex concepts and present them in a consumable way to influence others.
- Proficiency in G-suite, Excel (can perform complex functions) , PowerPoint, Coupa (or comparable P2P system)
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.