Customer Communications Manager
Faire is reimagining the future of retail with a curated wholesale marketplace that connects tens of thousands of local retailers with the world’s best makers. We are looking for a curious and community-driven storyteller to join Faire as our Customer Communications Manager.
This role will source, curate, and distribute the best stories from our community and help bring more awareness to the individuals behind the thriving buy-local movement.. Faire is helping our customers build healthy businesses that play important roles in local economies. Our communications team will be focusing on elevating our customer voices within these communities and beyond. This is a dream job for anyone who loves a fast-paced work environment, creative problem solving, and bringing relevant stories to life.
Since launching in 2017, Faire has empowered thousands of makers and retailers to run the business they’ve always dreamed of building. We’re backed by leading investors, including Forerunner Ventures, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital, and Y Combinator. This is a great time to join the Faire team - the future is local!
As our Customer Communications Manager, you will:
- Source and develop customer stories from the Faire marketplace from concept to distribution
- Build relationships with Faire customers and identify influencers within the community to spotlight
- Execute local influencer and media relations to build Faire brand story in key media markets
- Create and manage a pipeline of hundreds of Maker and Retailer stories to achieve ongoing and quarterly press coverage of Faire’s customer base
- Create a framework for Faire influencer profile to help rate as good, better, best case studies
- Ensure Makers and Retailers understand Faire’s vision and are aware of success stories from our marketplace
- Garner local media coverage and create media assets that publicly champion Faire’s mission in action through the lens of our customers
- Collaborate with our brand marketing and Maker Success teams to understand where Faire’s stories can add value and help drive results
- A Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of relevant work experience (In-house experience and agency/editorial experience preferred)
- Experience with consumer and enterprise PR, multi-media content creation and production lifecycles, investigative interviewing, and AP style copywriting
- Newshound - you love to read consumer news and have a keen awareness of how human interest and local stories
- Passion and empathy for makers, retailers and local business owners(you consider going to craft fairs and visiting our retailers to see what products sell fun and not a chore)
- Hunger for a fast-paced environment with constant change