Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
Planet is looking for a creative, energetic, data-driven digital marketing manager to grow and execute our online presence. This important role reports to the Director of Growth Marketing and leads the planning and execution of our strategic global campaigns to support prospecting, lead and pipeline generation. The ideal candidate has experience building a digital strategy from the ground up, exceptional project management skills and analytical mindset.
- Set clear, measurable KPIs to ensure digital programs deliver on expected goals across awareness, lead gen, pipeline and revenue generation programs
- Develop, launch, and manage digital campaigns including SEM, PPC, display advertising, and paid social to drive business results for integrated campaigns, key announcements, and business initiatives in targeted geographic markets
- Identify new keywords and topics for targeting and content creation
- A/B test ad creative, targeting, and messaging across the full funnel
- Track and measure SEO and Google Analytics performance and provide recommendations for digital program optimization
- Collaborate with agencies, vendors, and internal stakeholders to develop high performing ads and content
- Develop and monitor campaign budgets, optimizing spend based on performance
- Work with web, creative, operations, and demand generation teams to optimize web pages
- Collaborate on mid-funnel programs to include retargeting and ABM as part of the mix
- Optimize all campaigns to drive performance including reducing CPC, improving CTR and conversion rates within target geographies, industries, and personas
- Evaluate and recommend technologies to help optimize process and customer experience
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years proven experience planning and executing global digital marketing programs for a B2B audience
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEM, PPC, display advertising, and paid social media campaigns
- Strong analytical skills with experience in A/B testing, multivariate testing, reporting, and optimization
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong positioning and messaging skills
- Strong campaign management skills to collaborate with all stakeholders including product marketing, creative, demand gen, and field marketing from the planning process to execution
- Excellent organizational and project management skills - Detail oriented, with ability to organize, prioritize and execute multiple, ongoing projects under deadline, with an eye on business impact and quality
- Strong understanding of marketing to key vertical markets with business-driven outcomes and customer-driven use cases.
Nice to Haves:
- Familiarity with markets for satellite imagery, geographic information systems, software-as-a-service and analytics
- Familiarity marketing key vertical use cases, such as in agriculture, civil government, forestry, finance, or Consumer Packaged Goods/supply chain
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.#LI-REMOTE#LI-MS1