Director of Brand Marketing at DataGrail (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
As the Director of Brand Marketing, you will be the first brand marketer to join DataGrail to build out the department and elevate our brand, message, and storytelling to the market. You’ll have the opportunity to build from scratch, and leverage support from agencies and contractors.
This role operates at the intersection of marketing, product, and our customer teams. Our ideal teammate is an excellent writer, storyteller, collaborator, project manager, and creative & analytical thinker. Our ideal candidate is able to elevate our brand, thought leadership and industry and product education to build our reputation as a trusted vendor, grow share of voice, improve conversions, and create customer excitement.
The Skill Set:
- Strategic marketer who understands the importance of brand, positioning, and how to build clear and simple narratives.
- Proven track record of creating and implementing successful content strategies that drive brand awareness, engagement, and conversion.
- Strong understanding of SEO principles and best practices to optimize content for search engines and user intent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to create compelling and persuasive content.
- Experience running brand and communications
- Proficiency in content management systems (CMS), analytics tools, and social media platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across cross-functional teams.
- Creative thinker with a passion for storytelling and staying up-to-date with industry trends.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- SaaS experience required.
Within 90 Days You'll:
- Become knowledgeable about the data privacy industry (key terms, regulations players, trends etc)
- Build and lead a rebrand effort and website overhaul
- Establish relationships with Product, Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing
- Overview of our mission, vision, value proposition, and differentiation
- Deep dive into the company's target audience, existing customer personas, and market positioning.
- Review of current marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Review our product roadmap and product launch process
Within 180 Days You'll:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive brand and content strategy that aligns to DataGrail’s goals, target audience, and brand voice.
- Execute the rebrand effort and kick off the website project.
- Establish brand and content guidelines, style standards, and best practices to maintain consistent brand messaging and quality
- Ideate and create a wide range of content formats, including articles, blog posts, white papers, videos, infographics, eBooks, and more.
- Drive the development of engaging content that educates, entertains, and inspires our audience while meeting business objectives.
- Work closely with the SEO team to optimize content for search engines and user intent.
- Monitor and analyze brand and content performance metrics, adjusting strategies to maximize share of voice and organic search visibility and engagement.
Within 365 Days You'll:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to establish the company and its executives as thought leaders in the industry.
- Identify opportunities for speaking engagements, guest posts, and other thought leadership initiatives.
- Manage the brand marketing budget, allocating resources effectively to meet brand and content production and distribution needs.
- Evaluate and recommend partnerships or tools that enhance brand awareness, content distribution, and performance tracking.
- Regularly analyze brand and content performance metrics to assess the effectiveness of strategies and campaigns.
- Provide actionable insights and recommendations to optimize brand marketing efforts based on data-driven findings.
With the core belief that trust builds transparency, at DataGrail, we provide a privacy platform that empowers people to have more control over their privacy and identity. Our platform eliminates complicated, manual, and time-consuming processes associated with emerging privacy laws. We find and untangle the terabytes of data companies have, make sense of it, and organize it into an easy-to-use privacy program.
We live by our company values every day at DataGrail: Bias for Action, Be Human, Love Our Customers, and Win as a Team.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation package + equity
- Work from anywhere - every employee has the choice to select their ideal work environment
- Feel relaxed with unlimited paid-time-off (+2 weeks mandatory!)
- Treat yourself with 8 scheduled “DataGrail Days” a year for personal wellness
- Stay healthy - full healthcare coverage, including dental, and vision
- Save for the future with our 401(k) plan
- Work smarter with monthly hardware and remote office stipends and an UberEats meal program
- All of this and much, much more
DataGrail provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.