DoorDash’s mission is to grow and empower local economies. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash connects people with the local businesses they care about — helping grow businesses and the communities that support those businesses.
To further this mission, we’re looking for someone to build and lead our Marketing Insights team. The Marketing Insights function at DoorDash will be fundamental to defining our path forward by bringing forth an understanding about Consumers, Merchants & Dashers; by uncovering insights that shape our business, product and marketing strategies; and representing the voices of our several audiences across the business.
Based out of our SF Headquarters and reporting into the VP, Marketing, you will build a terrific team; designing the Insights roadmap (based on the needs of the business); and enhancing the business to be deeply attuned to meeting the needs of the audiences we serve. The ideal candidate will be a proven Insights expert and builder - at everything from hiring and motivating teams; defining the relevant research toolkit and methodologies; conducting primary and secondary research; and weaving research findings into a consistent compelling story that stimulates decisions. Effortless diverse collaboration is a must - as this role will touch every part of the business. Most of all, we’re looking for someone who has an innate curiosity about people; about understanding them and what makes them tick; and about helping businesses orient around meeting people’s needs.What You'll Do
- Build and scale the Insights team.
- Foster a team culture that encourages creativity; and testing, learning, and iterating fast.
- Design the Insights Roadmap for all audiences: Consumers, Dashers, Merchants
- Define and curate the relevant research toolkit and methodologies
- Conduct evocative primary and secondary qualitative and quantitative research to promote decisions
- Build and oversee vendor relationships
- Continually improve and refine how we get better at understanding audiences and connecting with them
- Collaborate with Analytics and Marketing teams to build business cases for investment (based on clearly identifying and sizing audience needs) to measure the effectiveness of Marketing campaigns
- BA, MBA preferred
- 12+ years in Marketing Research & Consumer/Audience Insights roles
- Experience building teams and departments from the ground up
- Experience framing ambiguous problems and creatively using research methods to answer difficult questions.
- Experience uncovering compelling insights that promote our growth.
- Organized, dependable, self-motivated & ability to multi-task.
- Strategic and business-minded - you find trends in the data and look for the “so what”.
- Creative and collaborative - you love working with a team and solving challenging problems.
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is dedicated to growing local economies and empowering new ways of working, earning, and living. DoorDash has become the fastest-growing last-mile logistics company in the U.S., growing 250% year-over-year. DoorDash has distinguished itself by partnering with nearly 90 percent of the top 100 U.S. restaurant brands who offer on-demand delivery, expanding to over 3300 cities across the US and Canada.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the resources, and opportunity to excel.