Director, Corporate Communications and Public Relations at TripActions
TripActions is looking for a Director of Corporate Communications and Public Relations to build and execute global communications strategies and tactics that advance our position as a disruptor, innovator and leader in corporate travel. As the communications go-to, you’ll be responsible for leading and implementing public and media relations; executive communications and thought leadership; crisis communications; and our awards program in support of our company and marketing objectives. You’ll serve as a brand ambassador, engaging with media to drive positive, strategic coverage of TripActions, our brand and mission. You’ll envision, write, edit and plan executive thought leadership via bylines, contributed articles and speaking engagements. You’ll identify and submit TripActions, our teams and our customers for industry awards that highlight our innovation, company culture and customer success. And you’ll create and execute crisis communications plans that support our users and employees who support our users.
Having been in the travel industry a majority of your career, you are clearly passionate about travel, the traveler experience and customer success. You are equally passionate about employee success. As Director of Corporate Communications and Public Relations, you’ll lead, coach and develop our PR agency team to help us achieve our business objectives.
You will serve as a key stakeholder in our corporate marketing, customer marketing, product marketing, demand generation, branding and employee engagement strategies. You are highly creative, brand and mission-driven with a proven track record of building and executing communications programs that deliver results. You maintain a can-do attitude, and work effectively across teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead global corporate communications, including public and media relations to drive positive coverage of TripActions, our brand and our mission among top tier business, tech, vertical/industry and business department media
- Build and implement executive communications and thought leadership plans -- including byline and contributed articles, blog posts, social media content, and speakerships -- to build awareness, preference, and affinity for TripActions.
- Manage TripActions’ brand reputation through world-class crisis communications.
- Identify and submit TripActions, our teams and our customers for industry awards that highlight our innovation, company culture and customer success.
- Create, edit and deliver internal communications that inspire employee passion and commitment to the TripActions brand, mission, culture and customers.
- Lead, coach and develop a team of PR agency partners to help us achieve our business objectives, delivering innovative and strategic PR programs on time and within budget.
- Contribute to a diverse, high performance team environment that inspires pride, retains and motivates top talent, and attracts new talent
- Implement an editorial calendar to manage and align communications programs.
What We’re Looking For:
- 15+ years in corporate communications with a mix of experience in public and media relations, executive communications and thought leadership, crisis communications and journalism within the travel/business travel industry.
- Strong passion for relationship-building, creative storytelling and bringing the brand to life through communications
- Strong project management and program management capabilities to deliver programs on time and within budget.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills; ability to capture the voice of others.
- Strategic thinker that can see beyond the day-to-day grind to help create a stronger brand and brand engagement through communications.
- Experience in global and regional PR agency management.
- Collaborative mindset. You thrive in cross-functional environments and have worked with leadership, product, sales and marketing to craft innovative communications programs.
- Self-starter with a penchant for experimentation. You’re always looking for ways to do your job better and you never wait to be told what to do. When you see an opportunity, you jump on it.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively prioritize.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- An undeniable passion for travel.