Director of Customer Marketing
The world’s largest and fastest-growing companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign and Salesforce rely on Demandbase to drive their Account-Based Marketing strategy and maximize their B2B marketing performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the category as an indispensable part of the B2B MarTech stack. Our achievements and innovation would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building word-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture and the community around us, and have continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
Demandbase is looking for a Director of Customer Marketing who is passionate about making our customers wildly successful. This is a highly visible, strategic role that focuses on engaging and delighting our customers throughout the customer lifecycle, from product adoption and usage, to upsell and renewal and long-term loyalty. Bring your expert communication, planning, cross-departmental collaboration and follow-through skills to this role and you’ll hit it out of the park.
This full-time role is based in our San Francisco office.
What you’ll be doing…
1) Drive customer retention and upsell with robust communication and education programs that engage customers throughout the lifecycle:
- Manage and develop the onboarding journey to make customers feel welcome, supported, and realize value quickly from their Demandbase investment.
- Drive product adoption and usage via valuable programs such as product briefing events, product release announcements, monthly newsletters, educational nurture campaigns and upsell campaigns.
- Create community for customers, enabling them to engage with each other and with Demandbase leaders via VIP dinners, Customer Advisory Board, product training, and more.
- Ensure that our ABM certification program is a key component of each new customer’s experience with Demandbase.
2) Support Demandbase’s leadership in the ABM category by developing strong advocates among the customer base
- Develop rapport with customers, engaging them and delighting them regularly to create reference relationships
- Become a valuable resource and go-to person for both customers and internal stakeholders through your in-depth knowledge of Demandbase products, value prop and the Account-Based Marketing landscape.
- Grow our base of customer advocates across industries and manage our list of “promoters.”
- Support key marketing activities with customer success stories, such as trade shows, events, product launches, brand campaigns, and more.
- Produce content that demonstrates customer successes, including videos, case studies, testimonials, quotes, and more.
- Become an ABM thought leader, regularly presenting to groups of customers as they develop their ABM strategies
- Other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for…
- 8+ years of B2B marketing experience with a customer marketing focus
- Experience driving measurable customer marketing outcomes that demonstrate the impact of your work
- Outgoing personality; desire for face-to-face conversations as opposed to relying solely on email and chat to communicate; examples of your ability to influence people that don’t report to you will be sought after
- Examples of your building trust, driving consensus and creating alignment with internal stakeholders (ie, Customer Success, Training, Product, etc.)
- Refined writing skills and a sense of flair that will make it easy for you to develop content for case studies and regular customer communications
- High sense of urgency with the ability to prioritize competing initiatives
- BS/BA degree required
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, 401k, commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, and much more!
The Demandbase ABM Platform is the only comprehensive set of ABM solutions, Artificial Intelligence and patented technology purpose built for the account-based needs of B2B. This allows B2B companies to execute their marketing and sales efforts across the funnel to identify, attract, engage, and convert their target accounts and then measure the results. You can scale and grow your efforts with the leading ABM vendor instead of trying to patch everything together with multiple point solutions. The Demandbase ABM Platform allows customers to define their ABM strategies and initiatives and then take action from a single platform. It leverages unique B2B data sets, Artificial Intelligence and IP targeting technology, Real-Time Intent as well as ingesting our customers’ first party and CRM data in order to provide insights and initiate account activities. Enterprise leaders and high-growth companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Grainger, Salesforce and others use Demandbase to drive their ABM strategy and maximize their marketing performance. Demandbase was named a Best Place to Work by SF Business times in 2015, 2016, and 2017 and Glassdoor’s Top 10 Best Places to Work in 2016. For more information, please visit https://www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.