Who We Are
At Domino Data Lab, we have an ambitious vision for data science. Our platform helps data science teams accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models. Our customers are the most sophisticated analytical organizations in the world, including companies like Bristol Myers Squibb, Allstate, Bayer, and Red Hat. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Coatue Management, Bloomberg Beta, and Zetta Venture Partners, we are at the epicenter of the data science revolution, helping companies develop the next breakthrough in medicine, build better cars, or recommend the best song play next.
What We Are Building
Domino is assembling a world-class Marketing team dedicated to telling compelling customer stories that showcase the value of the solutions we offer and our mission to unleash the power of data science. We are seeking a marketing professional experienced in the field and events space to collaborate with our Sales department to generate new business and coordinate events to reach our target audience.
What Your Impact Will Be
As a late-stage startup, Domino offers candidates for this role the opportunity to leave their mark on a rapidly scaling company. The level of impact and ownership that our employees experience is a unique opportunity to be a part of building something great from scratch.
As Domino’s Director of Field & Events Marketing, you will build and execute end-to-end programs that drive revenue by amplifying Domino’s brand in the field, helping Sales teams penetrate new accounts and accelerating pipeline opportunities. You will report into the Head of Growth Marketing, working across the Marketing team and in tight alignment with Sales to deliver tailored go-to-market plans for each Sales region, so they can break into new accounts and close revenue. You will be one of the faces of Marketing to the field, helping connect the dots between our Demand Gen/ABM strategy and the tangible, unique challenges of target accounts that Sales is trying to reach. You will also have the opportunity to run large-scale programs including Domino’s Rev Summit for Data Science Leaders.
This is a perfect role for someone who wants to be part of an incredible and growing marketing team, who can think strategically and build out impactful programs while also having the grit and tenacity to execute them flawlessly.
- Work across Marketing and Sales to build pipeline by translating marketing objectives, messaging, content, and partnerships into tactical field marketing programs and events that influence customers’ and prospects’ decision to use Domino’s data science platform.
- Run localized programs such as high-touch / intimate / soft-selling events (i.e. executive roundtables or virtual events) to get customers, prospects and local partners together talking about data science pain points, solutions (Domino!), and results.
- Build and execute hyper-focused campaigns (i.e. account-based marketing or integrated campaigns focused on specific verticals or use cases that are prevalent in a given territory) to generate demand and accelerate sales cycles.
- Work in partnership with Partner Marketing to deliver go-to-market programs with partners to achieve target outcomes (i.e. brand awareness or co-selling into target accounts). Example program components include webinars, local events/seminars, sponsorships at partner conferences, content and press stories (developed in partnership with Product Marketing, Comms, and/or Sales Enablement), etc.
- Be the end-to-end program manager responsible for corporate events including the Rev Summit for Data Science Leaders and Data Science Pop-ups.
- Manage customer events such as our Data Science Leaders Advisory Council meetings, Data Science Leaders Executive Lounge events, and other user groups.
- Work with Regional Sales VPs to manage the marketing budget to build awareness and pipeline for the region.
- Oversee the process of distributing field marketing program leads internally for sales follow up.
- Directly supervise one full-time field marketer and lead future hiring efforts to grow this team.
A field marketing candidate for Domino should have the following skills/characteristics:
- Knowledge/experience of Marketing for a B2B tech company.
- Works very well with Sales! This is critical to a field marketer’s success.
- Experience developing strategy and executing end-to-end integrated marketing campaigns, field marketing programs, and/or partner marketing programs.
- Event planning and execution -- while field marketing should be more than just events (virtual or not), it will be a big part of the job. Our field marketer will have access to resources to whom they can delegate some of the logistical aspects of event management, but should still have experience running events (including managing the logistics).
- Aptitude to drive event agendas and write promotional communications targeting senior business and technology leaders pre- and post-event.
- Ability to run / drive / understand marketing operations functions (e.g. building campaigns, targeting lists, driving promotions, and managing/measuring attribution of events to sales influence).
- People management experience including direct supervision of 1-2 full-time marketing employees.
- Comfortable working in HubSpot or similar marketing operations platform and Salesforce; ability to partner with Marketing Ops and Demand Gen to appropriately manage leads and measure campaign attribution/influence from field marketing programs and events.
- Competent with MS Office, Salesforce, Google Office suite, Slack, Zoom, Monday.
- Experience with any of the following would be a big plus: Netlify, Google Analytics, YouTube Studio, TweetDeck, GaggleAMP, Pana, Typeform, Adobe Acrobat, Kotis.
What We Value
- At Domino, we value a growth mindset and seek high-performing, creative individuals who dig into problems and see the opportunities for success.
- We believe in individuals who seek truth and speak truth and can be their whole selves at work.
- We value those who believe improvement is always possible. At Domino, everything is a work in progress – we see room for growth in all areas.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function within the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.