Director of Instructor & Product Marketing
As the Director of Instructor & Product Marketing, you are responsible leading two core functions within the Udemy marketing team: direct to consumer Product Marketing and Instructor Marketing. This opportunity is highly impactful and is a great opportunity for the right candidate with strong marketing skills.
In this role, you will lead Instructor Marketing to drive instructor success and satisfaction. You will define strategy for scaled lifecycle, communication, and engagement programs - including the our online Instructor Community. Off the bat, you will need to assess the current programs, rethink strategy/tactics, and build a small (but mighty!) team to move all Instructor Marketing activities forward.
Additionally, you will lead director to consumer Product Marketing. You will define, influence and bring new products and features to market. You will lead a team of three to take an insights and data-driven approach to uncover instructor/student needs, understand industry trends and influence Udemy's roadmaps to deliver differentiated and delightful experiences.
Here's what you'll be doing with Instructor Marketing:
- Define strategy for all scaled instructor marketing efforts
- Act as the in-house expert on all things instructor related, including their experience, motivation, pain points, challenges, and determine what constitutes success
- Evaluate and refine strategy around instructor lifecycle marketing and scaled communications
- Assess current domestic and global instructor community and determine budget and strategy for boosting its success
- Support market research efforts; manage instructor advisory boards
- Monitor instructor revenue at scale; surface revenue concerns and recommend solutions
- Hire, manage, and mentor a small team (2-3 FTE) to execute on tactics
Here's what you'll be doing with Product Marketing:
- Define Product Marketing strategy for both student and instructor products
- Develop deep understanding of market, trends, competition, and end users to support roadmap recommendations
- Translate insights and analysis into business plans that support product marketing proposals
- Produce and execute product marketing narratives across key communication channels
- Partner with research and testing to deliver high confidence differentiated product messaging
- Define strategy and internally champion key go-to-market (GTM) plans
- Post-launch evaluations of GTM
- Build strong internal and external relationships with key stakeholders in an effort to collaborate and drive the overall business
- Manage and mentor a team of three product marketers
We're excited about you because you have:
- 7+ years of direct or indirect B2C product marketing experience
- 5+ years of lifecycle, CRM, or communications
- 2+ B2B marketing experience
- 5+ years of people management, team building, and mentoring experience
- Solid analytical ability, with track record of “test & learn” mindset
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to set strategic direction for business as well as go-to-market plans
- Proven experience working well in cross-functional teams as well as leading and executing large multi-faceted projects
- A passion for Udemy and our mission
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description