Director, Product Marketing Life Sciences at PicnicHealth
PicnicHealth is a San Francisco-based, venture-backed health tech startup with the mission of structuring the world’s medical data to make it useful. PicnicHealth partners with patients, porting their complete medical records into an easy-to-use online timeline of their entire medical history. We give them unprecedented visibility into and control over their complete medical records, and the ability to share them easily with doctors. In addition, we enable patients to anonymously contribute their incredibly important data to scientific research, which helps life sciences companies accelerate breakthroughs in care. Patients get the PicnicHealth service free of charge, and medical researchers get critical “real-world data” on how diseases look in everyday practice.
PicnicHealth is growing quickly. We’ve had multiple years of significant ARR (annual recurring revenue) growth and are poised to continue on this path for years to come. We’re already delivering on a series of partnerships with some of the largest players in pharma, academic research, and insurance with more deals on the horizon. After tripling the size of our team over the last 18 months, we’re looking to maintain that trajectory over the next year. It’s an exciting time to join the PicnicHealth team!
As Director of Product Marketing, you’ll have an opportunity to play a major role in establishing and building our go-to-market and enterprise product marketing capabilities. You’ll work closely with internal teams to help define our Life Sciences marketing strategy, increase brand awareness among key stakeholders within the biopharmaceutical space, and execute on marketing tactics and programs to drive additional market adoption and growth. This includes supporting all phases of PicnicHealth’s Life Sciences partners’ customer journey, from initial awareness and lead generation to developing and deploying the best content that resonates with our Life Sciences customers and partners. In addition, you’ll help to develop processes and engagement for ongoing support of current customers to enable continued success of customer relationships.
To do this, you’ll need a solid understanding of the Life Sciences market, in particular the application of RWD/RWE and patient registries in clinical development, evidence generation, and beyond. You’ll also bring prior enterprise marketing success to connect PicnicHealth’s capabilities to our customers’ needs. You’ll be working in a dynamic environment and act as a product marketing generalist, with a diverse skill set and eager to develop thought leadership in the healthcare data and analytics space. You have the intellectual curiosity to develop a deep understanding of the market and our products, and a passion for enabling our customers and partners to broaden and deepen their patient impact through their work with PicnicHealth. Over time, you’ll also build and lead the Life Sciences product marketing team as we continue our growth.
As the Director of Product Marketing, Life Sciences, you will initially be responsible to:
- Build and refine the life sciences strategic marketing plan, including market needs assessment, buyer and user personas and segmentation, product positioning, value proposition, messaging, objection handling, and the corresponding tactics to implement the marketing plan
- Develop new or improve upon existing collateral that resonates with our customers at every stage of the customer journey, from first contact all the way to ongoing customer engagement
- Own all aspects of lead generation for Life Sciences, including strategy and program execution across thought leadership, events and webinars, whitepapers and insightful content, and other methods, working collaboratively with Growth Marketing and other internal teams. Proactively identify opportunities to grow the PicnicHealth brand with our enterprise customers.
- Work closely with sales, customer success, and internal teams to identify and prioritize new product capabilities based on a holistic view of industry and market trends, competitive landscape, customer feedback, and customer engagement with PicnicHealth
- Implement account-based marketing strategies and drive sales enablement tailored to specific account or sales opportunity needs, working in collaboration with Life Sciences sales, account, and customer success teams
- Assess, recommend, and deploy relevant technology solutions to enable all of the above
You are a strong fit for this role if:
- You’re an exceptional communicator. You can influence and persuade others, regardless of the medium.
- You’re a strategic, analytical, and organized thinker. You can see opportunities where others don’t and you can see a clear path for how to make them reality.
- You’re able to drive results and action across a broad range of stakeholders and personas
- You’re able to execute and deliver on concrete objectives while also taking a step back to translate your experiences to formulate strategy and improve processes.
- You think like an owner of the business, and you’re interested in all aspects of what our team does: research, ML, business development, delivery, account management
- You’re able to understand and analyze data with a high degree of comfort.
- You have an ability to prioritize, problem-solve, work independently, and work collaboratively in a dynamic, rapidly growing team
- You are interested in engaging with biopharma partners to help advance their research and business related strategies using real word evidence and patient-consented medical data
We expect all team members to be motivated to be amazing in their roles and, ultimately, improve the lives of patients.
- B.A. or B.S. in relevant discipline
- 8+ years of experience and successful track record in B2B or enterprise product marketing to life sciences companies
- A proven track record of developing performance-driven product marketing campaigns that deliver measurable adoption
- You get bonus points if you have any of the following experience:
- Prior experience building enterprise marketing capabilities for a fast growing tech startup
- Experience in healthcare data or healthcare technology, especially working with claims, EMR/EHR data, or working with RWE or HEOR functions
Why join PicnicHealth?
At PicnicHealth you get to solve real problems with real solutions, great tech, and great people.
You also get:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits including Health, Dental, Vision
- Flexible time off
- 401k plan
- Parental leave
- Free PicnicHealth account
- Equipment and internet funds while we're working remotely during COVID-19
Due to COVID-19, currently all roles are remote until at least until July 2021. Once in-person work is safe for all team members, this role would be remote eligible or based out of our beautiful office in the Mission District of San Francisco.
Equal Opportunity Statement
PicnicHealth is committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value a diverse and balanced team where everyone can belong.