About the Role
DoorDash’s mission is to grow and empower local economies. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash connects people with the local businesses they care about — helping grow businesses and the communities that support those businesses.
To further this mission, we’re looking for a product marketing leader to build and develop our Merchant product marketing team. As Director of Product Marketing for Merchant, you will be responsible for architecting a Merchant product marketing strategy and for driving its success through the end-to-end marketing of DoorDash products and solutions. Through close collaboration with product leadership, you will define new products to help Merchants grow their business and execute campaigns working across sales and scaled channels to encourage adoption of those tools. As the first hire on a new and growing product marketing team, you will be responsible for partnering closely with the head of Product Marketing to define and grow your team.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable operating at highly strategic and tactical levels, switching between them effortlessly. You won’t be afraid to roll-up your sleeves and own the success of a launch. You will be deeply grounded in audience insights through partnership with research, sales, and by driving original research to better understand the needs of the Merchant audience. You will leverage those insights to build consensus and form trusted relationships to influence the direction of the product and business roadmaps. You will thrive on analytics and set a learning agenda for all projects that raises the bar for impact against engagement and business goals.
This role is based out of our San Francisco headquarters and reports to the head of Product Marketing.
What You'll Do
- Define a strategy for merchant product marketing to encourage adoption of merchant tools and drive revenue for merchants and DoorDash
- Partner closely with internal teams and external partners to develop a foundational understanding of merchant audience segments and leverage this to define the strategy for growing and retaining merchants
- Hire and develop a best-in-class product marketing team to drive impact across the merchant product portfolio; laying out a vision and scaling the function
- Build a trusted partnership with product and business leaders on merchant to influence the product roadmap to deliver on merchant needs through new features and programs
- Define and manage comprehensive go-to-market plans including development of product positioning, communication of value proposition, launch strategy, PR, sales and partner materials
- Collaborate with sales leadership to translate core product value propositions into sales channel collateral and collaborate with internal and external creative partners to drive the creation of those materials
- BA, MBA preferred
- 8+ years of professional experience in marketing in a corporate or startup environment
- 2+ years of leadership experience managing and developing talent
- Experience building teams and departments from the ground up
- Proven track record of driving successful go-to-market launches that drive adoption and bottom line impact
- Fluency with data - including market/segment sizing, forecasting, and working with analytics to understand efficacy of campaigns after the fact
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders: Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic: We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning: We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed: We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We are all DoorDash: The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is dedicated to growing local economies and empowering new ways of working, earning, and living. DoorDash has become the fastest-growing last-mile logistics company in the U.S., growing 250% year-over-year. DoorDash has distinguished itself by partnering with nearly 90 percent of the top 100 U.S. restaurant brands who offer on-demand delivery, expanding to over 3300 cities across the US and Canada.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the resources, and opportunity to excel.