Director of Product Marketing (New York or San Francisco)
Who We Are
Komodo Health is addressing the global burden of disease through the development of the world’s most actionable map of healthcare data. Our solutions drive a more transparent, equitable, efficient and productive healthcare ecosystem through the creation of quantitative solutions to qualitative problems.
As a fast growing startup that has already partnered with multiple Fortune 500 companies, we have very ambitious goals, and oodles of opportunity for our team members to grow themselves while achieving company success. We value our culture of collaboration, encouraging growth, and constructive debate, as well as delivering innovative solutions that “wow” our customers.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
Komodo Health is looking for a Director of Product Marketing to join our growing team. The Director will oversee a team responsible for bringing more customers to Komodo and ensuring they understand the value of our SaaS products. The ideal candidate will have a multi-disciplinary background—including business strategy, marketing and analytical skills —and a deep passion for Komodo's mission: reducing the global burden of disease.
As a passionate and results-driven product marketer, you will craft the go-to-market (GTM) strategy and positioning for new product launches and execute high-impact multichannel campaigns that drive user acquisition, engagement, product adoption, and retention. This position requires an analytical approach and a deep understanding of the market, with the ability to deftly connect our product capabilities to customer needs.
As one of the members of this business-critical team, you will anchor on the following:
- Building the Product Marketing function while working closely with marketing leadership to ensure that paid, owned, and earned marketing investments are driving impact
- Develop product positioning, to include market need, product definition, value proposition, buyer personas and pain points, competitive analysis, and product value metrics and proof points
- Lead the conception, design, GTM and optimization of marketing campaigns that drive adoption of and engagement with new and existing products and features to drive product awareness and revenue growth
- Partner with the Product Management team to identify, prioritize, and advocate for new or improved products and product features based on competitive benchmarks, industry trends, usage analysis, and customer feedback - for which you and your team will gather both quantitative and qualitative input
- Work with Content and Design teams to create compelling sales enablement tools for the field organization that effectively differentiate Komodo Health products and captures their value to the market, including solution overviews, best practice presentations, end-user training materials, whitepapers, and case studies/success stories
- Define the success criteria for and measure the impact of all Product Marketing efforts against stated corporate goals
- Lead research initiatives with target segments/customers to identify and understand unmet needs/gaps
- Participate in determining in-app and web-based messaging requirements and conversion strategy requiring development effort (e.g. in-app welcome screens, interstitials, upsells, landing pages, etc.)
- Coach, mentor and develop a team of product managers to reach individual goals while fostering cross-functional collaboration and product success
- Demonstrate curiosity and an interest in learning new techniques and improving upon best practices to stay up to date with current and emerging trends
- Lead by example, putting new ideas into action, failing fast (when necessary) and learning from each experience
What You Bring to Komodo
- Addiction to data, with an ability to turn insights into actionable growth initiatives across new product launches and existing product adoption
- 10+ years of experience preferably with B2B, B2B2C, SaaS or cloud/platform marketing roles/companies
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of healthcare technology experience
- A proven track record of developing performance-driven product GTM strategies, plans and campaigns that involve multiple teams and translate into measurable adoption results
- Outstanding organizational, project management, people and communication skills, including strong writing and presentation abilities, and proven experience communicating key value messages to a variety of audiences, both internal and external to an organization
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve, multitask, and work independently in a dynamic, rapidly changing workplace
- Strong proficiency in sourcing and analyzing the data needed to make effective marketing campaign decisions as well as a high comfort level in operating with and making decisions with partial information
- Ability to build and manage a team of managers and highly skilled individual contributors
- BA/BS degree; MBA or quantitative degree preferred but not required
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally with product management, sales, marketing, PR and creative teams
After 3 months, you will...
- Assessed our organizational needs and enacted a plan in conjunction with the functional leaders to execute on Product Marketing needs
- Rolled up your sleeves and do the work that in other companies you may have delegated as you build your team simultaneously
Check out these highlights about Komodo Health:
- Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation & Komodo Health partner to fight cancer
- Komodo Health captures fingerprints to enable precision medicine