Email Automation Manager at Udemy
!Sorry, this job was removed at 3:06 a.m. (PST) on Saturday, February 22, 2020
About the role:
We're looking for an email marketing wizard who is passionate about email marketing strategy and an excellent executional problem solver who get things done. You’re an exceptionally analytical, strategic, and technical marketer who wants to grow our email marketing channel.
This person will be responsible for planning, developing and managing the implementation of our innovative email marketing campaigns and templates that will be used across the team in our ESP.
Here are some challenges waiting for you:
How do we automate a complex program of emails, tailored to our users interests and actions, so that we show them the right opportunities at the right time?
How do we build the data architecture in our ESP to be synchronous with our production databases, allowing us to send a completely personalized email to instructors with the push of a button?
How do we ensure that our emails perform beautifully across browsers, devices and the world?
How can we use video or interactive elements to drive higher engagement with and conversion from our emails?
How do we build innovative features in our emails that will wow our users and motivate them to do more with Udemy?
Here's what you'll be doing
- Leverage internal resources and ESP to build dynamic HTML emails, modules and templates
- Perform set-up, testing and deployment of email campaigns
- Work closely with our strategic marketing and PMM team, as well as our in-house creative services team in planning, developing and implementing marketing campaigns
- Be attentive to mobile vs. desktop activity among subscribers and make recommendations to improve campaign performance, with a strong emphasis on mobile
- Leverage Excel / SQL to measure the results of your campaigns and uncover optimization areas
- Be on top of email marketing best-practices and industry trends, bring fresh and innovative ideas to the team
- QA creative to ensure error-free deployment
- QA data points and queries for accuracy
- Ensure compliance with CAN-SPAM and GDPR regulations
- Work closely with Udemy’s Product and Engineering Team to develop features that’ll support email marketing campaigns in the short term and long term
We're excited about you because you have:
- 4 - 5 years of marketing or technical email experience at a fast-growing internet startup or fast-paced company with an extensive email marketing program
- Experience with Responsys and/or other email service platforms such as Ongage and Sparkpost, as well as familiarity with email marketing concepts, development and implementation are preferred
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues, code solutions and email best practices
- Exceptional project management skills and strong attention to detail
- A passion for learning, developing and testing innovative email personalization techniques and formats
- A team-oriented mindset and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description