Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship office is in Sydney, Australia, but we've made our way from down under, to hubs in Austin and San Francisco, which are now home to our US operations. So whether you're in Texas or California, you have choice in where and how you work in each of those states. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
The Group Lead, B2B Product Marketing will be responsible for coaching our talented team of 5+ B2B Product Marketers and be a key partner driving our B2B go to market forward across the company. In this role, you are one of the key owners and drivers of our B2B growth strategy for Canva for Teams across marketing, in collaboration with the B2B Growth and B2B Marketing teams. You will connect the dots across each of our business growth motions (Pro, Self Serve teams, High Velocity & strategic sales) to deliver a comprehensive and interconnected GTM strategy.
You’ll be working with Senior Leadership including the Head of Revenue, Head of Sales, Head of Product Growth & Head of Product to deliver the GTM strategy, projects and growth initiatives. This role will report into Canva's Head of Product Marketing.
This role also requires a proven track record to execute strategically with a focus on measurable outcomes, building and developing an exceptional team in a fast-growing SaaS company and experience in driving business transformation.
We're looking for a product marketing leader who is exceptional at making complex things simple and empowering others, while also not being afraid to roll up their sleeves and dive into execution. We’re looking for someone who has product marketing leadership experience in fast pace high growth SaaS companies. This opportunity requires a leader that is data-driven and strategically minded and has a superpower for building impactful teams.
This position must be staffed in Sydney, Australia. Canva will fund and manage relocation expenses to our headquarters in Sydney.
What does success look like
- Coaching a group of high-impact and high-performance Product Marketers
- Build trust and strong cross-functional relationships
- Viewed and respected as a companywide B2B strategic driver
- Building and delivering a holistic B2B GTM strategy in partnership with your partners
- Driving the B2B Marketing strategy across marketing
- Garnering market insights to advise product strategy and sales execution
- Improving growth metrics (revenue, market share, seat activation, teams seat growth), product activation, win rates and expansion plays.
- This role requires building cross-functional partnerships with teams including product, sales, success, community and rest of marketing to create long-term value for our customers and business.
What we’re looking for
- Experience leading a team of Product Marketers in a SaaS company
- Experience growing and leading impactful teams from good to great
- Demonstrated ability to empower, mentor and grow a diverse and geographically fragmented team to achieve specific goals
- Leads by example, continuously demonstrating humility, kindness and compassion while working towards team and company goals
- Build a highly differentiated go-to-market strategy with key collaborators to strengthen our leadership in the customer engagement space across all products and segments
- Drive product differentiation across the competitive landscape
- Develop compelling messaging frameworks consistent with the top line company narrative
- Develop meaningful customer insights and personas for all audiences; understand the buyer, pain points and differentiated value
- Create a feedback loop between product, marketing and sales to translate market feedback
- Develop sales tools and enablement that will increase sales efficiency and learnings
- Further establish value and trust for the product marketing organization; specifically with product, sales and marketing teams
- Empower the team - clearly articulate goals for success and provide resources and air cover to execute against those goals
- Experience running sophisticated cross functional strategies and the ability to influence senior leaders
- Demonstrates outstanding communication skills, which empower all partners to support your product strategies
- Navigates a global organization across multiple functions
- Operate in a fast growing and paced workplace
- Juggle multiple projects at once and possess proven prioritization skills
- Demonstrates a growth mindset and an eagerness to learn and grow every day; Canva is growing 130% YoY and you’ll be growing and trying new things constantly
You're probably a match if
- Proven success leading product marketing in a multi product SaaS company
- Successfully positioned a company across various segments
- A respected leader who has hired and managed impactful, cohesive marketing teams including during times of organizational change.
- Success working in fast-moving, complex and evolving technology organizations
- Demonstrated capability to influence executives and build trust and mutual respect across functions and across all levels of the organization.
- Great communication and presentation skills, with the ability to present complex concepts in a simple and easy-to-understand manner.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mentality with experience working on complex, ambiguous projects across multiple teams
- Creative approach to new ideas, experimentation with new initiatives that fuel growth
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.