Head of Demand Generation and Lifecycle Marketing at Grammarly
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 20 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Head of Demand Generation and Lifecycle Marketing to join our Marketing organization. As a senior leader, you will drive overall demand generation strategy and lifecycle marketing for Grammarly. This role will be a key thought partner to the Head of Marketing and be responsible for architecting journeys that guide English speakers from having an interest in the product to being power users and paying subscribers.Your impact
As the Head of Demand Generation and Lifecycle Marketing, you will help accelerate Grammarly’s ability to drive customer value on a global scale, with significant downside protection provided by a successful and profitable business.
In this role, you will:
- Own and scale the marketing strategies for engagement, retention, and monetization of our global user base.
- Define and own demand generation strategy, tactics, and performance reporting across the full business-buyer journey.
- Scale Grammarly’s marketing stack to improve reporting, targeting, automation, and insights capabilities.
- Drive the marketing mix across digital channels (including owned or paid), as well as offline channels, to meet sales pipeline needs for Grammarly Business.
- Define customer personas and audience segments, and identify opportunities to engage at key moments of a customer’s lifecycle with Grammarly.
- Grow a high-performing team, including by developing, recruiting, training, and mentoring talent.
- Manage external vendor partnerships focused on marketing operations, demand generation, and data enrichment to grow efficacy and impact of the function over time.
- Partner closely with Sales and the broader Marketing team to manage the lead funnel and sales handoff, build lead scoring capabilities, and report outcomes.
- Partner with the Analytics team to refresh customer propensity and behavioral models to enable personalized and real-time marketing at scale.
- Establish cross-functional partnerships with Product, Data Science, Engineering, and Revenue Operations teams to test and deploy improvements to the customer journey.
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is hyper-focused on strategy across any time horizon and on delivering strong results.
- Is able to assess performance, provide guidance to their team, and make decisions accordingly.
- Searches for reasons as well as underlying trends and causes, then uses this to synthesize decisions and opportunities.
- Showcases a proven track record of building and scaling personalized marketing and customer journeys across multiple segments and markets.
- Has a deep understanding of—and the ability to devise—a consistent multi-channel experience for customers.
- Brings world-class expertise in Demand Generation and Lifecycle Marketing; has a deep understanding of the differences between B2B and B2C marketing; and has foundational knowledge of content marketing, paid media management, and sales motions.
- Is able to develop and apply relevant playbooks to enter or scale multiple markets, including through localization, positioning, channel mix, and market-specific insights.
- Can collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Marketing, Sales, and Analytics leaders.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead and scale high-performance teams, with a strong focus on talent management, skill growth, and strengths-based career development.
- Works well with ambiguity and can bring others along on a path to clarity.
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.