Head of Growth Marketing Strategy and Planning
We’re looking for someone to oversee the consumer marketing channel strategy and planning. You'll build and lead DoorDash’s growing consumer marketing growth team to hit our lofty global customer acquisition and retention goals, optimizing at the global, and market-level.
You will create paid and organic growth strategies with our central channel advertising team, partnering with the Head of Consumer Marketing to develop audience-specific campaigns and advancing the product roadmap to increase organic growth. You will work closely with our finance and operations teams to develop our annual and quarterly cross-channel marketing strategy, and build bottom-up plans to hit our customer delivery goals in every market in which we operate, with high spend efficiency.
You have experience developing full-funnel, cross-channel data-driven growth strategies that improve positive Return on investment for a category defining e-commerce or internet companies. You will think creatively and collaborate with the organization with people at all levels: C-level execs to associates.What You’ll Do
- Develop DoorDash’s consumer marketing growth/performance strategy: Work with Consumer Marketing to Identify essential audiences, go-to-market, intel, and marketing campaigns that ladder-up to hit both our global, and market-level customer acquisition and retention targets.
- Build the Consumer Growth & Marketing planning team by developing the strategic framework(s), and subsequently managing the roll-out and tracking of global targets, and market-level spend allocations for our customers.
- Know DoorDash’s customers inside-and-out by partnering with insights to deeply understand our customer’s habits and preferences, both locally and globally. Use these insights to improve unique and sustained growth for DoorDash.
- Assess the market to identify strategic market and consumer needs that improve the product roadmap.
- Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly present market, and initiative-level, growth and optimization scenarios to executive leadership that helps understand the business trade-offs in our consumer P&L.
- Lead a team that, with partnership from channel advertising, finance, analytics, and ops, owns the weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual growth optimization process to consistently improve consumer Return on investment without losing sight of targets in each market.
- Partner with central advertising to improve the annual and quarterly cross-channel integrated media strategy, planning, and buying process.
- Lead constant, iterative improvement of the consumer growth strategy and planning process to hit our goals through longitudinal measurement and stewardship of the analytics roadmap.
- At least 6+ years of experience in managing and executing online + offline marketing strategy, execution, and measurement, with an additional 3-4+ years in a quantitative, financial or strategy role (e.g. consulting, investment banking).
- Deep experience managing towards, and balancing, brand & performance-oriented marketing goals to drive company-level P&L outcomes.
- Intimate understanding of online and offline marketing, including measurement, incrementality, and marginal efficiency.
- Creative - you enjoy tackling unsolved problems and finding creative solutions with limited resources
- You love to manage highly diverse, complex projects without making mistakes or missing deadlines, and you build teams that analyze results at the most granular level
- Highly quantitative - you get excited when insights jump out of the data
- Strategic - you find trends in your data and look for the “so what”
- Collaborative - you love working with a team, and both learning from & teaching others
- Fun - you enjoy what you do and love to have fun!
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every dayAbout DoorDash
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is dedicated to growing local economies and empowering new ways of working, earning, and living. DoorDash has become the fastest-growing last-mile logistics company in the U.S., growing 250% year-over-year. DoorDash has distinguished itself by partnering with nearly 90 percent of the top 100 U.S. restaurant brands who offer on-demand delivery, expanding to over 3300 cities across the US and Canada.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the resources, and opportunity to excel.