Head of Marketing, Vice President at Invitae (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
Invitae (NYSE: NVTA) is a leading medical genetics company trusted by millions of patients and their providers to deliver timely genetic information using digital technology. We aim to provide accurate and actionable answers to strengthen medical decision-making for individuals and their families. Invitae's genetics experts apply a rigorous approach to data and research, serving as the foundation of their mission to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people.
Invitae is a rapidly growing genetic testing company driven by the mission to expand access to high-quality, comprehensive, low-cost genetic testing in order to lower healthcare costs and improve outcomes for billions of people.
To help realize our mission, we’re looking for a Head of Marketing, Vice President to help establish Invitae as the leader in genetics across all stages of life and participate in driving profitable growth. The ideal teammate has experience building, launching and/or transforming health care brands, developing go-to-market commercial strategy, building and operating a strong product marketing function, as well as growing and mentoring a marketing team and organization. You know how to navigate complex environments/customers to successfully meet their needs while achieving our goals. You’re adept at working in a regulated environment and can understand and translate complex scientific information.
You’re deeply curious and love to problem solve. Rolling up your sleeves comes naturally - as does strategic thinking. You thrive leading in a fast-paced environment and get excited about tackling tough challenges in a highly mission driven company. You value transparency, collaboration and are solution focused. Most importantly, you have a passion for improving people’s lives.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and operate a robust product marketing organization. This includes building a product marketing team who will collaborate internally and externally to guide the full lifecycle of Invitae products from strategy to maintenance with detailed financial planning, KPI tracking and internal reporting.
- Define and execute the marketing vision and strategy for driving adoption and expansion of Invitae’s offerings and services across multiple audiences, including HCPs, biopharma and health systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders including sales, legal/regulatory, medical affairs, product/development, corporate communications and CX to execute in support of shared objectives.
- Own Invitae’s brand initiatives to grow awareness and understanding of genetic testing and ultimately category creation among new audiences; establish internal frameworks and processes to support rigorous brand management.
- Own and direct the overall marketing funnel from awareness through retention, based on performance, learning, experience and research, in partnership with all internal stakeholders; ultimately representing the voice of the customer.
- Define and maintain accountability for key performance indicators; monitor, track and optimize as needed.
- Maintain a deliberate, calm and thoughtful approach to everything you do while embracing a sense of urgency.
What you’ll bring:
- 15 years experience in marketing with a diagnostics industry background strongly desired
- Product marketing function practical knowledge
- Proven growth track record
- Deep experience building and executing multichannel marketing plans
- Data driven experience
- Curiosity, humility and an interest in building something new
- Leadership and do-ership. You can write the plan and execute it.
- Recognized team player. You know that it takes a village. And know how to rally the village.
- The ability to say: I don’t know but am excited to figure it out/try!
Pay ranges by geographic location:
- $269,500.00 - $350,300.00 - Northern California, New York, San Francisco
- $247,000.00 - $321,000.00 - Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Rhode Island, Alaska, Southern California, Connecticut, New Jersey, Washington, Massachusetts, District of Columbia, (Washington D.C.)
- $224,600.00 - $291,900.00 - All states not listed above
This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. This position is eligible for benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability coverage, flexible paid time off, Spring Health, Carrot Fertility, participation in a 401k with company match, ESPP, and many other additional voluntary benefits. Invitae also offers generous paid leave programs so you can spend time with your new child, recover from your own illness or care for a sick family member.
USA National Pay Range
Please apply even if you don’t meet all of the “What you bring” requirements noted. It’s rare that someone checks every single item, it’s ok, we encourage you to apply anyways.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We truly believe a diverse workplace is crucial to our company's success and to better serve our diverse patients. Your input is especially valuable. We’d greatly appreciate it if you can take a quick moment to make your selection(s) below. Submissions will be anonymous.
You can find a detailed explanation of our privacy practices here.