We’re looking for an experienced product marketing leader to help Gusto amplify the voice of the customer in everything we do.
You’ll empower and grow a team of powerhouse PMMs focused on the growth and expansion of our core products: payroll and benefits. This high visibility role will be responsible for bringing to life new features, products, and services that increase Gusto’s market share amongst the 5.8 million small businesses in the U.S.--and beyond.
You’ll partner with leaders across the company and cross-functional teams to influence the roadmap and drive product awareness and adoption. You’ll combine product thinking, data analysis, segmentation, and positioning to help small businesses and their employees survive and thrive--in a time of pressing need.
As a people empowerer, you’ll invest in your team’s career growth, set priorities and vision, and champion impact. If you are a strategic customer advocate with a product mindset and ambition to accelerate a company on a mission to serve and to grow, we’d love to hear from you!
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Empower a team of powerhouse PMMs responsible for our payroll and benefits products
- Understand the needs of small business owners and their employees through surveys, painted door tests, interviews, and analysis of product usage data
- Influence the product roadmap by continually refining and synthesizing your understanding of the market and customers we serve
- Develop and test product offerings that drive growth
- Create, test, and iterate on messaging that inspires and drives results throughout benefits funnels
- Execute go-to-market campaigns to drive product adoption, growth, and retention
- Develop, model, and test pricing
- Drive the numbers: establish, set, and push metrics, constantly analyze program performance to find areas of optimization
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have 10+ years of work experience in a mix of B2B and B2C environments, 5+ in product marketing.
- Proven people management experience. Ability to set north star strategy, coach teams to goals, and attract top talent.
- An experienced marketer of disruptive products in a rapidly growing startup environment.
- Experience navigating regulated industries, healthcare, and/or financial services a plus.
- A wildly curious and quantitative person who uses data to solve problems. Pricing and packaging experience a plus.
- A product mindset and track record earning the respect of product teams along with a roll-up your sleeves attitude.
- An influencer that can work well with various groups and levels of the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including editing others’ work and coaching others’ presentations.
- BA/BS degree
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.