Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. and facilitating over 5M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables them to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.About the Role
This role is responsible for driving the internal communications strategy and execution to deepen employee’s understanding and engagement with Chime’s mission, values, and goals. We are looking for a driven, effective communication leader who is passionate about helping Chimers connect the dots. You will build, scale, and execute company-wide communications programs and content that build community, increase focus amongst our employees, and show why our work matters. As part of the CEO’s office, you will report to the Chief of Staff.
In this role, you will develop and lead our internal communication strategies to make sure Chimers have the information they need to do their jobs, are clear on the ‘why’ around changes we make, and understand how their work fits into the broader strategy. You’ll work closely with stakeholders in Leadership, People & Talent, Workplace, and Program Management to evolve our internal communications infrastructure, strategy, and narrative. You’ll gather internal feedback and insights to improve our strategies and content. In addition, you will provide strategic communication guidance to cross-functional partners on a wide range of complex topics.Responsibilities
- Own our internal communication strategy, infrastructure, and narrative. Curate and coordinate messages across various channels and forums while strengthening the Chime voice.
- Own our company-wide meetings, internal broadcast emails, and real-time internal messaging
- Create scalable feedback channels to create a listening and learning organization and drive engagement with our communication channels
- Provide communication support across change management initiatives, business performance, new product launches, new internal programs, company and team achievements, etc.
- Provide strategic, direct hands-on support to key senior leaders to develop and disseminate their important messages to team members
- Establish, track, and iterate on communications measurements that gauge effectiveness of internal communications
- 5+ years experience guiding strategy and execution in a communications role
- Ability to simplify and communicate complex issues to various types of audiences
- Stellar written, verbal, and emotional communication skills to audiences up and down the org chart
- Ability to see the bigger picture while maintaining attention to detail
- High-growth startup experience a strong plus
- Exceptional project management and organization skills
- Track record of building meaningful relations with leaders and cross-functional stakeholders
- Resilient and able to work autonomously in the face of ambiguity
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits.
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.