If you live and breathe marketing, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for a flexible and versatile marketer who will be responsible for supporting Udemy’s instructors. As the first hire for the instructor marketing team, you will be responsible for building and maintaining lifecycle programs for our instructors. Additionally, you will create new campaigns that help drive awareness around Udemy instructor tools, drive targeted course creation, and much much more. You will collaborate with product to help develop new features for instructors and develop outbound communications.
Responsibilities include tracking and analyzing campaign performance, managing the marketing budget and ensuring that all marketing material is in line with our brand identity. To be successful in this role, you should have hands-on experience with web analytics tools and be able to turn creative ideas into effective marketing concepts.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Act as the in house expert on all things instructor related, including their experience, motivation, pain points, challenges, and determine what constitutes success
- Manage and optimize lifecycle campaigns for instructors throughout the entire funnel from onboarding to retention
- Create promotional campaigns, using all demand generation levers, to support targeted course creation
- Measure and report on marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals; iterate as needed
- Launch new educational campaigns to teach instructors how to improve course quality and course marketing abilities
- Create educational resources like videos, webinars, blog posts, and in product pop ups to motivate instructors to strategically create and market their courses
- Manage instructor blog and Teaching Center to support broad education instructors on all things Udemy
- Monitor course creation metrics to identify publication trends across topics and languages
- Oversee and approve marketing material, from website banners to emails and everything in between
- Manage instructor communications, including promotional and transactional announcements
- Be the voice and advocate of the instructor when working with cross functional partners
We're excited about you because you have:
- 5+ years of experience as a marketing generalist
- 2+ years of experience developing lifecycle campaigns and programs
- A strong collaborator who works well cross functionally with customer facing, creative, and product teams
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong quantitative skills, including analytical abilities and math proficiency
- Self-motivated, but also can work well and contribute in a diverse team environment
- A sense of aesthetics and a love for great copy and witty communication
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- This role doesn’t initially focus on paid acquisition efforts, but having solid knowledge in paid acquisition is a big plus
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description