Manager, Marketing Analyst
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
People choose to start, run and work at small businesses to make a difference and have a positive impact. Small business owners and managers cite a set of common challenges that stand in their way of achieving that impact fully: hiring, paying, and taking care of their teams. And employees trying to do the best work of their lives face real and daunting questions around payroll taxes, health insurance, and making sense of retirement and college saving options.
We believe the value Gusto brings will extend to new areas. Our mission includes doing much more than simply dislodging existing service providers in the payroll industry. We are actively building and launching new products and strategies for the future that will serve both employers and employees in new ways that will require and enable invention of new data-driven distribution strategies over time.
As a senior marketing analyst at Gusto, you’ll sit in the center of helping us understand the performance of our marketing efforts. You’ll write SQL queries, build reports leveraging excel and BI tools, and deliver analysis. You’ll be surrounded by adept complementary partners in performance marketing, data science, business intelligence, data engineering, and more.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Provide actionable reporting, analysis, and core metric dashboarding that helps marketing teams improve performance across channels
- Analyze cross channel data, including email marketing, upsell, retention, creatives, ads, customer segments to pinpoint opportunities to increase revenue and margin
- Define analytics standards, data definitions, dashboards, and processes to provide timely and insightful analysis.
- Forecast leads, customers, cost of acquisition, visit to lead, and other important metrics for Gusto’s acquisition team
- Steward our company wide campaign tracking taxonomy and ensure data is clean and usable
- Provide analysis and insight on marketing and business development/partner marketing initiatives: campaign performance, channel contributions, attribution analysis, ROI, and performance against budget and forecast.
- Deliver dashboards using Tableau & Domo that enable data driven decision making
- Work with internal teams to build the future of analytics at Gusto, including multi-touch attribution
- Support marketing in construction of and reporting on effective experiments
- Engage cross functionally with sales and CX to build full funnel views of the prospect journey and strive for one single source of truth
Here’s what we're looking for:
- Strong analytical, data driven mindset, and a good overall intuition for numbers and data
- 4+ years of experience with large complex data sets from various sources, ideally with a focus on marketing, sales, or customer acquisition
- Advanced in BI tools, like Looker or Tableau
- Able to construct advanced SQL queries
- Knowledgeable about web analytics, including how data is collected at the visitor level
- Experienced user of one or more web analytics or testing tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Heap, MixPanel, Segment, Optimizely)
- Advanced user of Excel
- Some exposure to statistics and able to conduct stat significant experiments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic, and a “can-do” attitude
- Efficient and effective multi-tasker, able to handle multiple projects without missing deadlines
- Scrappy - able to build solid insights with some missing information or via triangulation
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.