Manager, Product Marketing - Brand Tech at Capital One (San Francisco, CA)
Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Manager, Product Marketing - Brand Tech
Manager, Product Marketing - Brand Tech
The Capital One Brand team is seeking a Manager, Product Marketing to lead product content creation and storytelling for our software line of business. We've developed a suite of internal solutions uniquely designed to meet the challenges of a digital-first, cloud-first business at scale. The Capital One Software team is exploring how these internal solutions across cloud, data, governance, and applications could serve the needs of other companies born or built in the cloud.
This senior marketer will bring an enterprise perspective in setting the vision for our products and will have experience in the B2B technology category. They will leverage their experience in product marketing to forge relationships with internal and external partners to effectively message and position our products across channels.
The PMM charter is to make our product lines successful in the market and with customers. They are champions of our products and define end-to-end GTM strategy for their product areas. They don't just focus on top-of-funnel goals, but also on activation and adoption as a measure of product success. They are experts in our customers and products, and use their expertise to influence the product roadmap.
What you'll do
- Be the subject matter expert on key product areas; understand the technical ins and outs of how it works.
- Contribute to Go-To-Market plans and releases of existing products and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Craft compelling product messaging and storytelling to address broad and niche audiences
- Produce high-quality external facing content to include blogs, whitepapers, videos, case studies, etc. highlighting our products and thought leadership
- Author strategic creative briefs and oversee creative/content development through delivery in-market
- Collaborate with external organizations to identify and execute customer / co-marketing opportunities
- Ability to leverage deep technical knowledge to translate product capabilities for different audiences with varying levels of expertise
- Participate in the product/customer feedback loop, capturing insights and learnings to inform marketing and messaging needs
- Serve as an exemplary writer, with the ability to write clean, concise, well-polished copy
- Define and influence enterprise-wide B2B product/software marketing agenda
Who you are
You want to be an EVIDENCE-BASED MARKETER
- Your curiosity is endless. There's always something else to learn.
- You're flexible and not afraid of change-in fact you welcome the challenge.
- You share your point of view, but seek out what might be missing and listen.
- You have big ideas and know the best ones are driven by proof, persistence and patience.
- You're a storyteller. You simplify the complex and compel your audience to act.
- You know how to enjoy yourself. While fun isn't mandatory, it certainly seems to follow you.
- You care-about the work, your team and the customers you serve.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 7 years of experience in a product marketing role
- At least 5 years of experience marketing SaaS products
- 7 or more years of experience in a product marketing role
- 5 or more years of experience developing product content / copy for B2B SaaS products
- Experience in highly cross-functional and matrixed teams
- Startup experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).