Manager, User Acquisition at Skillz
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
- Own new product/game launches to enable and optimize 8-figure monthly marketing budgets
- Make recommendations to improve the player experience based on analysis
- Create and own weekly report sent to leadership on initiatives and progress
- Support hiring, onboarding, and mentoring of junior teams members to aid in team success
- Interface with content and sales teams to keep a prioritized list of upcoming games and product launches
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience performing quantitative or strategic analysis, preferably in marketing, consulting, or product development
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives that require significant collaboration between different departments, including both technical and business teams
- Self-starter with a ‘don’t take no for an answer’ attitude and strong communication skills
- Ability to solve unstructured problems independently by developing and applying appropriate analytical frameworks or techniques
- Experience using data visualization platforms and connecting data insights to strategy
- Nice-to-have: SQL experience, MBA, and advanced degree
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.