- Creating sales opportunities (marketing-driven pipeline): We are looking for marketers who can help us initiate sales conversations with relevant prospects. Your success will mainly be measured on Sales Opportunities you contribute to creating.
- Own marketing channels / activities end-to-end: You’ll be the owner of one (or few) of the marketing channels our team uses to engage prospects and start sales conversations, like webinars, content, or email marketing. You’ll be planning, executing and tracking campaigns in the channel, collaborating closely with others. You’ll craft the strategy for the channel, execute the campaigns, and analyze and optimize the channel using tools like WordPress, Marketo, Salesforce, and Excel.
- Demand generation: You have demonstrated success owning integrated marketing campaigns for B2B technology startups, including planning, project management, execution, reporting, and optimization. You have hands-on experience setting up campaigns, writing content, pulling lists, and analyzing results across different marketing channels (webinars, email, content, conferences). You succeeded hitting your KPIs (sales opportunities or marketing-generated pipeline) to support revenue and growth goals. Bonus points if you did it all selling to financial institutions or other highly regulated industries.
- Deep experience with marketing tools: You’re an expert in setting up Marketo campaigns, publishing posts and updating website pages in WordPress, modifying email templates with HTML and CSS, and vlookup’ing in Excel.
- Superb communication skills: You’re a wizard of words – both written and said. You probably think this job post is two long, and you might have a few suggestions on how to trim it down. You know how to explain complex concepts in clear, pithy prose, and you cannot wait to write a byline for insideARM about why digital is the future of debt collection.
- Detail-obsessiveness and Getting Stuff Done-ness: You hate the thought of anything slipping through the cracks. Spreadsheets and words such as “thorough” are your comfort food. Your desk is always organized, and you practice Inbox Zero religiously. You cringed at the typo in this post.
- Ambitious, resourceful, and fast: You’ve always taken on more than the official job description. You have a way of making things happen even if it seems impossible while making it all seem easy. You’re comfortable with moving fast, making decisions with imperfect data, and learning on your own.
- You’re the person everyone wants on their team. You like people, and people like you.