Marketing Operations Manager at Mural
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
As the Marketing Operations Manager focused on product-led growth (PLG), you will lead MURAL’s effort to centralize and scale in-app communications tactics and practices. This will involve adapting MURAL’s current campaign operations framework (used to launch and measure traditional marketing channels), to launching and measuring in-app experiences. As a result, you’ll be heavily involved in supporting the founding and company-wide adoption of a new wing of our martech stack (think tools like Intercom, Segment, Heap, Pendo, etc.).
As the in-house expert on operationalizing in-app tactics, you will work cross-functionally with teams like Product, Data, Marketing and Community to iterate, educate and enable in-app experiences. You will also support efforts to build new capabilities, optimize campaigns and plays, as well as improve our processes as a Marketing Operations team. This role reports to the Director of Marketing Operations.
- As the execution arm of teams like marketing and community, enable and build in-app experiences that support our entire customer journey.
- Adapt our current campaign operations processes and practices to support these new experiences.
- Be our internal expert on operationalizing in-app plays, working across teams to support, educate, execute and trouble-shoot where needed.
- Influence the development of internal campaigns requirements, including naming conventions and segmentation.
- Build requirements and vet new platforms, and play a leading role in the implementation of new platforms that support in-app communications and operations.
- Support and guide audits and documentation of existing infrastructure and tools, and heavily shape roadmaps of these tools.
- Provide input into the overall design of our marchitecture and shape our process for building and activating tactics as we continue to scale
- Proactively find opportunities to optimize our process for better visibility or scale, or campaigns for better performance or experience.
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- 4+ years of experience in a Marketing Operations role
- 3+ years of experience at a b2b SaaS company
- Proven track record building and deploying campaigns at scale
- Familiarity deploying in-app experiences -- chat, pop-ups, banners, guides, etc.
- Experience working with PLG tools like Segment, Heap, Pendo, or Intercom
- Understanding of global data privacy policies
- Successful history working across a diverse set of stakeholders and teams
- An affinity for process -- and where there isn’t one, you’re comfortable creating one
- Communicating effectively, clearly and concisely
- Experience working remotely with a global team
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years at a high-growth or enterprise company
- A solid grasp of typical SaaS product data -- including data model and track events
- Demonstrable experience working within a Marketo-Salesforce.com environment
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.