Partner Marketing Lead at Gusto
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
We’re looking for an experienced, growth-focused marketer to lead our partner marketing efforts. As someone passionate about collaborating with partners to define and deliver high-impact, integrated campaigns, you’ll work with marketing and BD leadership to define, execute, and optimize our partner marketing strategy. You’ll be the face of the Gusto marketing team externally to our partners. This is a unique opportunity to build a partner marketing program from the ground up to accelerate an already fast-growing channel.
You be responsible for the marketing programs that drive leads and amplify our brand story with and through ecosystem partners.
You’ll combine strong qualitative and quantitative thinking to define how we launch, scale, and optimize new partnerships that drive customer acquisition. Partnering with subject matter experts on a wide variety of teams across the company and externally, you’ll advocate for and prioritize the work that insures and accelerates the mutual growth of Gusto and our technology partners.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Set the strategy and direction to build a scalable marketing program that supports customer growth with and through Gusto ecosystem partners.
- Build and execute campaigns in support of your strategy.
- Interface with marketers across the Gusto partner ecosystem to develop joint value propositions, marketing roadmaps, and integrated campaigns that inspire customers and drives action
- Collaborate with BD leadership and team to accelerate deals, set priorities, and drive results
- Enable partner sales teams with the training and collateral they need to champion Gusto to their small business customers
- Drive the numbers: establish, set, and push metrics, constantly analyze program performance to find areas of optimization
- Build partner marketing and sales enablement materials for product launches
- Report out on campaign performance during partner QBRs
- Work with our marketing design and performance teams to build a web presence for our ecosystem partner programs
- Manage our partner ecosystem, and the marketing efforts of our partners within it
- Create and execute go-to-market campaigns to drive growth in collaboration with the brand studio, acquisition, and growth teams
- Work with our product marketing, content, social, PR, and lifecycle teams to bring our ecosystem story to life
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- An experienced marketer of disruptive products in a rapidly growing startup environment
- 7 years of work experience, 4+ in partner marketing
- Experience designing and building joint marketing plans with strategic partners, proven ability to drive growth
- Bias towards rapid testing and optimization, with tight measurement and reporting
- Experience managing marketing efforts for a scaled and thriving app ecosystem
- A wildly curious and quantitative person who uses data to solve problems. Strong data chops (SQL is awesome, expert use of Excel/Tableau a given)
- A product mindset and track record earning the respect of product teams
- An influencer that can work well with various groups and levels of the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including editing and coaching the work of others
- BA/BS degree (master’s degree is a plus)
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.