Principal Associate, Brand Media at Capital One (San Francisco, CA)
West Creek 6 (12076), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Principal Associate, Brand Media
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented media professional to join Capital One's Brand Media Department as a Principal Associate, serving as an internal subject matter expert responsible for paid media strategy, planning and activation of media investment for Brand and assigned Lines of Businesses (LOBs). The ideal candidate will have experience planning, analyzing and optimizing across a variety of paid media including traditional and emerging platforms. You will be responsible for ensuring that media plans align with the overall marketing strategy and deliver on Brand objectives. Role also includes management of external Agency partners. This position is responsible for paid media programs, not earned media or public relations.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with Brand Strategy, Advertising, Sponsorships, Social, Corporate Communications and Marketing & Analysis teams to develop integrated marketing campaigns
- Support Brand, product and Sponsorship campaigns across mass media channels including video, print, audio, digital, social and OOH platforms
- Develop paid media plans that drive innovation and impact by incorporating new channels and using traditional channels in unique ways
- Evaluate research, develop points of view and craft paid media strategies and tactics to address business objectives
- Lead Brand and LOB media plan execution and maintenance; manage media authorizations, flowcharts, and plan actualizations
- Manage paid media campaign budgets, including reconciliation and reporting
- Develop solid understanding of financial services competitive category; stay current with media trends and identify opportunity areas
- Build strong agency partner and media vendor relationships
- Track, benchmark and report on key performance metrics
- Influence partners within brand and across the enterprise on media strategy via succinct, data driven presentation
- Support governance and integration across media responsibilities
- Foster an environment of motivation, inspiration, curiosity and passion for the work we do
Who you are
You want to be an EVIDENCE-BASED MARKETER who...
As an INDIVIDUAL:
- Your curiosity is endless. There's always something else to learn.
- You're flexible and not afraid of change-in fact you welcome the challenge.
- You share your point of view, but seek out what might be missing and listen.
- You have big ideas and know the best ones are driven by proof, persistence and patience.
- You're a storyteller. You simplify the complex and compel your audience to act.
- You know how to enjoy yourself. While fun isn't mandatory, it certainly seems to follow you.
- You care-about the work, your team and the customers you serve.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 4 years in a marketing or advertising role
- Master's Degree
- 4+ years of experience managing national and local integrated media campaigns and budgets
- 1+ year of experience managing media campaigns for Fortune 500 brands
- Experience writing briefs and working with marketing strategy and agency partners
- General understanding of media principles, planning and buying functions, and media software and research tools (MRI, Simmons, Scarborough, Nielsen, comScore)
- Proven communication and influence skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects based on business critical needs
- Strong quantitative skills in regards to budget and data reporting management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).