Principal Product Marketing Manager, Ecosystem at Canva (San Francisco, CA)
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship office is in Sydney, Australia, but we've made our way from down under, to hubs in Austin and San Francisco, which are now home to our US operations. So whether you're in Texas or California, you have choice in where and how you work in each of those states. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment this role is focused on:
- Co-marketing Strategy & GTM Framework - You will design our go-to-market (GTM) strategy, establish the methodology, and set the processes for ecosystem partner marketing. This involves creating a structured framework that quantifies the level of support each partner receives based on their potential impact on Canva's business goals.
- Co-marketing Execution & GTM Implementation - Once the strategy is set, you will be in charge of executing it. You'll collaborate with our ecosystem developers and integration partners to implement, monitor, and optimize co-marketing programs. This includes building marketing plans, overseeing their delivery, and measuring their effectiveness to ensure continual improvement.
- Partnership management - You’ll be the marketing point of contact for our top-tier partners, developing annual marketing plans together. You’ll work cross-functionally to serve as the liaison between our partners and Canva.
- Voice of the Customer - You'll be customer-obsessed and will ensure that partner insights/feedback collected via product, marketing & sales channels, are communicated to your team and used to inform & optimise product and marketing growth strategies.
- Stakeholder Management - You’ll be a senior leader, working with other senior leaders to help them seize core market opportunities and bring world class products to market. You’ll be responsible for briefing the marketing content & channel teams to execute on your marketing growth strategy. You will oversee and guide the end-to-end delivery of your strategy, and continually optimise, to ensure its success.
- Positioning and Messaging - Craft compelling product narratives and value propositions for our developer and ecosystem offerings, collaborating closely with cross-functional teams to ensure our messaging aligns with target audience needs and market trends, and differentiates Canva in a competitive landscape. You will be responsible for driving messaging consistency across all channels and customer touch points, and continually iterating based on customer feedback and market research.
- Ecosystem product adoption - As a seasoned product marketer, you’ll partner with product and marketing teams to ensure to own and drive continued adoption and engagement of our product base via onboarding and retention initiatives.
- Market & Competitive Research - You’re highly proficient in sourcing and analysing market and competitive insights and you’re able to translate these insights into actionable work streams for the ecosystem team.
You're probably a match if:
- 8+ years of product marketing or partner marketing experience in the ecosystem/app marketplace/developer space, including 2+ years in principal or leadership roles.
- Experience shaping an ecosystem partnership GTM program, from defining tiers of support, to running partnership marketing.
- Exceptional communication skills, which empower each partner to understand the benefit of creating and promoting apps for Canva, and enables internal teams to effectively support their GTMs.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- The ability to identify and forecast potential business problems/opportunities and identify appropriate ways to rectify/seize the opportunities and prioritise resources. Ability to understand the market, competitors and core customer audience. Identifying essential trends, and rectifying problems as they arise. You share these insights broadly with all key stakeholders and use these insights to mould the product, messaging, and GTM strategy.
- As Canva is a fast-growing and paced workplace you’ll be someone who can juggle multiple projects at once and have strong prioritisation skills
- You’re someone with a growth mindset and you're eager to learn and grow every day. As Canva is growing 130% YoY, you’re aware that you’ll be growing and trying new things everyday.
- You’re someone who loves solving customer problems or needs with products and you enjoy working closely with product teams to build world-class products.
About the team
The product marketing team is on a mission to empower our Canva community to achieve their goals through Canva’s world-class products and tools. We do this by helping bring our new products, integrations and communities to market and drive continuous engagement and adoption across our array of existing products. We want every person to discover how Canva can help them on a daily basis whether through creating social graphics, building impactful presentations, educating our future generations or printing gifts for your friends, with Canva everyone can achieve their goals.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Community Specialist - Alena Godunova, has to say about working in Marketing at Canva -
"Working at Canva means being a part of an international community which is amazing. We learn together, we collaborate, we get inspired by so many great people and stories from around the world."
At Canva we value fairness, and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation whilst ensuring internal equity within the team in each region. We make hiring decisions based on your skills, experience and our overall assessment of what we observed and learnt in the hiring process. The target salary range for this position is $218,000 to $286,000. When calculating offers, we make salary decisions based on market data and candidates' skills and experience.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.