Product Marketing Manager at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
As a Product Marketing Manager at Dropbox, you’ll lead the go-to-market strategy for Dropbox Sign API—our eSignature API offering. Dropbox Sign API is the fastest to implement eSignature API by providing straightforward integration and a best-in-class developer experience. This is a highly cross-functional role that will partner closely with product, sales, and other teams across the marketing organization to ensure the value of Dropbox Sign API is understood by prospects and the market. Applicants will be expected to interface with a broad array of internal teams as well as senior leaders and executives from Marketing, Sales, and Product.
As a lead for the product, you’ll define market opportunities and influence product development through well-defined market requirements. You’ll craft compelling and differentiated narratives for our GTM teams and produce the source messaging blueprint for your target audience. You’ll also need to possess a strong technical acumen and be adept at clearly articulating technical features and benefits of APIs to a technical audience. Previous experience selling API offerings and/or marketing to more technical audiences such as developers is required.
- Be a strategic business partner by synthesizing insights and analysis to inform Product development with a pulse on our users, market and, competitive landscape.
- Partner with our Market Research team to perform research, both qualitative, and quantitative to better understand our user needs and market landscape.
- Develop informed and compelling positioning, messaging, and execute launch plans for new product features or initiatives, working closely with product management, communications, engineering, design, support, and sales teams.
- Drive awareness, consideration and understanding of new Dropbox features through multi-channel campaigns (both owned and paid), from strategy to execution.
- Partner with the corporate marketing team to showcase Dropbox and our products at events and through content and influencer activations and coordinating with partner / ecosystem marketing on joint marketing plans/strategies.
- 8+ years of product marketing, competitive intelligence, sales enablement, solutions architect or sales engineering/consulting experience.
- 2+ years working with API offerings or highly technical products is required.
- Experience leading product launches
- Extraordinary prioritization, organization, and project management skills.
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration abilities, ability to manage with influence, and experience working closely with product, comms, design, and sales teams.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, visual), both for internal audiences and customer-facing messaging.
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated capabilities interpreting data and qualitative research and distilling into actionable key takeaways.
- Embody our core values and uphold our unique company culture. We value diversity and inclusion, and encourage our team members to be their authentic selves at work.
- Experience at a B2B SaaS company is preferred but not required.
At Dropbox, we strive to be a great place for all Dropboxers to grow and be recognized for that growth. This job posting reflects broad requirements, and represents two potential levels of role. Through our assessment process, we will identify your level that ties to compensation based on your experience and technical expertise along with the scope of the role.
For candidates hired in San Francisco metro, New York City metro, or Seattle metro, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is currently $131,300 - $154,500 - $177,700 if you are assessed at the IC3 level. If you are instead assessed at the IC4 level, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is currently $161,300 - $189,800 - $218,300.
For candidates hired in the following locations: Austin (TX) metro, Chicago metro, California (outside SF metro), Colorado, Connecticut (outside NYC metro), Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York (outside NYC metro), Oregon, Pennsylvania (outside NYC or DC metro), Washington (outside Seattle metro) and Washington DC metro, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is currently $118,200 - $139,100 - $160,000 if you are assessed at the IC3 level. If you are instead assessed at the IC4 level, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is currently $145,200 - $170,800 - $196,400.
For candidates hired in all other US locations, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for this role is currently $105,100 - $123,600 - $142,100 if you are assessed at the IC3 level. If you are instead assessed at the IC4 level, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is currently $129,000 - $151,800 - $174,600.
Range(s) is subject to change. Dropbox takes a number of factors into account when determining individual starting pay, including job and level they are hired into, location/metropolitan area, skillset, and peer compensation. Dropbox uses the zip code of an employee’s remote work location to determine which metropolitan pay range we use.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).