Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
Planet is looking for a strategic product marketer to help us grow the market opportunity for Planet’s data and platform, and enable business expansion through creative go-to-marketing strategies. You will be part of the broader marketing team, specifically sitting within the dynamic Product Marketing group.
This product marketer will be responsible for driving messaging and go-to-market activities for the agriculture, forestry, and natural resources sectors – which we broadly define as “Living Resources.” You will be an expert on the wide range of use cases for these sectors and how Planet products can solve customer challenges and drive value. You will intimately know our customers these industries – their needs, how they buy, what motivates them – and use that knowledge to help enable our commercial organization and inform the product strategy. You will craft messaging and positioning for audiences, build content to generate demand through marketing campaigns, and support launches for newly commercialized products.
To be successful in this role, you will bring a clear perspective on how to market data-as-a-service (DAAS) and/or enterprise software products to agriculture, forestry, and resource management companies, with an understanding of the nuances between personas and along the stages of the buyer’s journey. An attention to detail and an eye for high quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve the unique problems in different industries.
The Impact You Own:
- Collaborate with the sales, marketing, and product teams to support Planet’s go-to-market plans, and increase broad awareness of Planet’s core products for the agriculture, forestry, and natural resource management sectors.
- Deeply understand the geospatial data and services market, where Planet fits, and help identify opportunities for market expansion.
- Develop product value propositions that differentiate our offerings in the market, and ensure consistency of messaging across the website, collateral, campaigns, etc.
- Collaborate with product team and vertical subject matter experts to produce and update a portfolio of marketing and sales enablement tools (presentations, data sheets, use cases, demos) for key products and services
- Develop external-facing marketing materials for new product launches and existing products.
- Collaborate with technical teams to create interactive demos that showcase product value to be used for trade shows, industry events, and sales outreach
- Support marketing campaigns with messaging and content that drives awareness and demand
- Partner closely with other parts of the marketing organization, including demand generation, creative, and communications.
What You Bring:
- BA/BS degree
- 4+ years of product marketing experience
- Proven track record positioning products and marketing B2B/enterprise products
- Topnotch writing, communication and presentation skills (to both internal and external audiences)
- Creative and analytical thinking skills
- Experience partnering with product, sales, and executive stakeholders to drive alignment and decision-making
- Be an organized, self-starter with ability to collaborate across departments
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience at commercial agriculture, forestry, and/or other related companies.
- Experience positioning products and marketing to geospatial customers
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.#LI-DD1