Senior Communications Manager, Monetization at Unity Technologies
Unity Technologies, creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, is seeking a Communications Manager, Monetization to provide strategic leadership for results-driven public relations programs crucial to the company’s communications goals in the advertising and monetization business.
As a Communications Manager, Monetization, you will be responsible for increasing media, influencer, and analyst awareness in the traditional and non-traditional advertising spaces as well as expand the company’s monetization thought leadership.
In this role, you will create PR plans and cross-functional strategies designed to highlight Unity as the leader in real-time development, player lifetime management and value and advertising in the media. You believe in the product, are genuinely interested in its technology, and will work every day to champion Unity to press, influencers and analysts.
You will report to the Global Head of Communications and partner closely with Product Marketing, Partner Marketing, Business Development, and Executive teams to deliver innovative and high-impact solutions for Unity’s Monetization sector, the company’s largest business driver.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment, are a critical thinker, an inclusive leader with a strong presence, have the ability to motivate cross-functional partners, and can influence senior leaders. To be successful, you should be proactive, resourceful, accustomed to multi-tasking, a strong sense of urgency, and thrive in an ambiguous environment.
- Work with internal marketing and product teams to help create and execute monetization-focused campaigns, including but not limited to message creation, event and thought-leadership pitching, media and analyst tour execution, content creation and brainstorming, white-glove media events
- Work with an external agency to help achieve AAA results in top-tier news outlets, including local and national newspapers, magazines, television stations, and online publications
- Liaise with Events Team on Unity events to ensure monetization/advertising messaging is consistent across all narratives
- Direct PR efforts across multiple company initiatives, and effectively manage plans to ensure manager needs, deadlines and directives are being met
- Write, edit and proofread materials, ensuring quality, consistency and company narratives are woven throughout each piece
- Interface with product marketing teams on upcoming campaigns to deliver communications plans that can influence larger go-to-market plans
- Provide PR support for the following areas: monetization/advertising
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism or a related field
- Experience working in monetization and advertising
- Great writing skills, strong grasp of AP style, and an analytical mindset that is self-motivated, a self-starter, and able to roll up their sleeves once strategies are set to produce results
- Experience working in a fast-paced culture and managing/working with external PR agency
- Results securing stories in top-tier publications
- Technical background with an understanding of real-time engines and technology platforms
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.