Senior Community Manager at Udemy
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:08 p.m. (PST) on Friday, May 15, 2020
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Udemy is looking for a versatile and experienced Community Manager to build the strategy and oversee the daily engagement and operations of the Udemy Instructor Community. As one of Udemy’s largest and most valuable instructor programs, we will heavily rely on you to identify ways to further leverage the instructor community platform.
You will define and execute on the community strategy. You will also be a strong internal advocate for instructors, sharing trends and managing feedback loops. You will also be the go-to problem solver and engagement driver for instructors in the community — embodying the Udemy voice and brand. Additionally, you are a self-motivated individual who can work well with others, but can also manage the platform autonomously.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Define and champion the strategic direction of the community; identify and execute on areas of opportunity to refine and grow engagement for both English and non English speaking locales
- Oversee the day-to-day of the Udemy Instructor Community: moderating and participating in conversations, addressing complex escalations, and iterating on our workflows and processes
- Collaborate with teams across Udemy to create curated discussion posts, product updates, and engagement opportunities
- Identify and share trends, pain points, and community sentiment
- Generate ideas for new community content with the opportunity to develop this content end-to-end
- Provide basic technical maintenance of our community platform, Khoros (formerly Lithium)
- Own the relationships with third party vendors used for the community, such as the community platform (Khoros), front end development contractors, and our remote support agents
- Track and analyze engagement metrics for the community
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 4+ years experience in a Community Management or other customer facing role
- You’re both strategic and tactical - and able to gain stakeholder advocacy through qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience in forum moderation, management, or engagement
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of empathy for customers
- Strong project management skills
- Thrives on working independently and proactively
- Experience in fast changing environments
- Knowledge of international communities is a plus
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description