Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is looking to hire a Senior Corporate Communications Manager to coordinate and implement a media engagement strategy in North America.
The successful candidate will work with stakeholders within the business to develop an external communications plan that drives brand awareness and builds trust amongst key audiences. He/she will work with a network of PR agencies across the region to produce high quality and engaging corporate communications content across multiple channels and for a variety of audiences.
What you'll be doing:
Part of the newly formed Corporate Communications team, you will feed into the overall Brand Marketing strategy. Your responsibilities will include:
- Building and executing media campaigns that drive brand awareness via company announcements, product launches, brand partnerships, executive profiling and thought leadership
- Creating a calendar of news that allows Wish to engage with each of its core audiences, including business, trade, investors, government, regulators and users
- Connecting with colleagues from across the business to leverage opportunities to create news for reputational / commercial gain
- Developing and maintaining an active network of media contacts for the benefit of the company
- Handling media and stakeholder requests, and supporting with crisis communications, where appropriate
- Building strong relationships with external media, industry stakeholders and stakeholders within the business
- Drafting and editing content for external audiences (media releases, speeches, bylines, etc)
- Staying abreast of industry news and trends
Bachelor’s degree or higher
7+ years experience in corporate comms in-house and/or in-agency
Strong news judgement, storytelling, writing, and messaging skills
Proven track record of working with the media and industry stakeholders
Demonstrates insightful approach to public relations and the ability to influence key decision makers
Excellent grasp of the ecommerce/marketplace industry, audiences and routes to market
Highly organized with ability to juggle multiple and changing priorities
Well-rounded interpersonal skills and experience interacting with diverse personalities and cultures
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Self starter who is confident working both autonomously and collaboratively
Ability to think strategically, creatively, and at scale
- Experience working within a multinational and/or public company
Detail-oriented and independent working style
Experience in the technology, gaming, ecommerce, media or other related industry
Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese a bonus
#LI-RS1 #LI- RemoteAdditional Information
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.