Senior Director, Public Affairs Communications
The Communications team tells the story of how DoorDash empowers local economies by connecting customers to the best of their communities. The team is a collaborative group with important partners, touching every corner of the organization. A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, meticulous attention to detail, and out-of-the-box thinking, coupled with a true team spirit and the ability to juggle projects and priorities, are what makes this group so effective. A role on this team will require an understanding of media relations, expertise, policy communications, and issues management.About the Role
- Lead Communications for policy, social impact, and trust and safety to shape and provide DoorDash’s strategic narrative, working closely with Policy, Legal, and other teams
- Develop communications campaigns for strategic policy, trust and safety that align with both policy and our priorities
- Conduct advance planning and scenario mapping to develop response plans and materials for different potential issues
- Develop strategic media engagement strategy and enhance our relationship with essential media and influencers at the national, state and local level by telling the story of how DoorDash empowers local economies
- You have 12+ years experience building and scaling high-profile policy communications programs and working with national and local media outlets and 5+ years experience managing teams
- You have deep experience working in fast-paced, fluid and challenging environments
- You’ve demonstrated senior leadership building strategic communications plans in a complex organization with varied priorities
- You have excellent people and project management skills, with the ability to lead and manage multiple time-sensitive projects under tight deadlines
- You take your work, but not yourself, seriously—and maintain a good sense of humor about both
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology platform that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States, Canada and Australia. Founded in 2013 by Stanford students Tony Xu, Andy Fang, and Stanley Tang, the company currently reaches 80+ percent of U.S. households and has the widest selection of restaurants, cementing an industry-leading position in the U.S. DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.