Senior Manager, Community Relations
DoorDash is hiring an experienced organizer and political leader to help build our Public Policy & Social Impact team from the ground up. You’ll have wide-ranging responsibilities around the country (and the world), with the opportunity to execute an ambitious agenda and make an immediate impact on a fast-growing, dynamic business.
At DoorDash, we seek to help our community of Dashers, merchants, and customers thrive. Based in San Francisco, you’ll build relationships with members of our diverse community everywhere we operate to help achieve our ambitious public policy goals. You’ll work closely with the Head of Public Policy, our growing Public Policy & Social Impact team, and departments throughout the company, including Strategy & Operations, Communications, and Marketing.
What You'll Do
- Develop and execute DoorDash’s community affairs and grassroots engagement strategy at the local, state, and federal levels across the United States, with the potential for international work as well.
- Lead DoorDash’s outreach to our broad and diverse community, including Dashers, small businesses, and customers, to further our public policy objectives.
- Build a diverse coalition of supporters by managing relationships with local nonprofits and community organizations in DoorDash’s markets.
- Plan and staff government relations events such as community meetings, rallies, outreach sessions, and meetups.
- Recruit and train activists to serve as advocates in meetings and hearings with lawmakers, regulators, and the media.
- A master organizer and strategist, with a proven track record in political campaigns or the nonprofit sector, including digital organizing and social media engagement
- Experience recruiting and remotely managing staff and volunteers
- Strong communicator who is effective in both one-on-one and group settings
- Excellent at building strong and sustained relationships with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Self-starter; intrinsically motivated and confident operating autonomously but also a good teammate
- In-house corporate experience
- Experience in the tech industry, particularly the on-demand economy
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.