Zumper is on a mission to make renting an apartment as easy as booking a hotel. With 70 million users (1 in 3 US adults) and 150 million visits, we are empowering people to rent smarter. Our success has generated support from top-tier investors for a total of $140m in funding (Series D). We realize that changing the way the world rents requires passion, bold ideas, and bright minds. Join us and build the future of renting, Today.
About This Opportunity
We’re looking for a Senior Manager Content Marketing to join our Growth team. This role reports to our Senior Director of Growth. This role works across growth and marketing teams to ensure that we’re developing the right type of content to meet our company objectives.
The ideal candidate has a strong intuition for content that will resonate with their target audience. You have a wide range of skills and can strike the right balance between creativity, critical thinking, and editorial chops.
What You Will Do
- Create and maintain a content roadmap for renters and landlords
- Work with channel owners across, Social, PR, SEO, and email to distribute content
- Analyze content performance and use insights to produce better content and stay ahead of market needs
- Collaborate with data analysts to use our data to produce content pieces reinforcing our thought leadership in the industry
- Set objectives and KPIs for content and measure their effectiveness on SEO, awareness, impressions and conversions, website visits, and attribution, etc.
- Short-form and long-form copy
- Build up a team of external writers and manage content pipeline
- Use market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view
- You’ll be accountable for traffic growth numbers as they relate to content
- Ensure all content published adheres to our tone of voice guidelines
- Provide Editorial oversight and editing of content
Who You Are
- 8-10 years experience building, managing and running content strategy
- Good track record for managing content strategy with a campaign-based, insights-led approach—and a portfolio to back it up
- Experience building content strategy that map to performance metrics
- Management experience running remote teams
- A creative mind that can connect business strategies to content strategy
- Proven editorial skills; outstanding command of the English language
- Skilled at both long-form and short-form content creation and distribution strategies and tactics
- A fast learner able to write on a variety of topics, qualitative and quantitative
- Familiarity with Wordpress or other CMS systems
- Familiarity with analytics tools
What We Offer
- 401k plan + 3% company match
- Stock options
- Great Medical, dental, vision insurance options with 90-100% premium coverage
- FSA, HSA, Life insurance, and Long-term Disability insurance
- Up to 12-weeks of paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy - work hard and take time off when you need it
- Health & wellness credits and hosted meditation sessions
- Home office set-up and internet reimbursements
- Group training and individual professional development support
- Team activities, game nights, and happy hours
- Weekly insight into company metrics
- Employee Resource Groups (Black Lives Matter at Zumper, Out at Zumper, and zWomxn) that create safe spaces for candid conversations
Life at Zumper
Zumper HQ is located in the heart of downtown San Francisco, next door to the iconic Transamerica Building. With offices in Chicago, New York, Providence, and Scottsdale, we are lucky to have 200+ team members across the US.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusivity. We are fostering an environment that celebrates individuality and enables you to be your best self. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome all applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, or race. We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive equitable employee benefits. (Please contact us to request accommodations).
We are proud to have been awarded Inc. Magazine's 2019 Best Places to Work and SF Business Times' 2020 Best Places to Work and 2019 Bay Area Workplace Wellness and Builtin's 2021 SF Best Places to Work and 2021 SF Companies with the Best Benefits.
Zumper does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Zumper employees, or any other company location. Any submittals without a prior signed agreement will become property of Zumper.