Senior Marketing Copywriter at Instacart
As a Senior Marketing Copywriter on the Brand team, you’ll articulate the messages for Instacart’s 4-sided marketplace of customers, shoppers, retail partners, and CPG brands. You’ll be part of a growing in-house creative team that’s focused on growth marketing, with an increasing focus on campaign work. This is an incredibly fast-paced environment, and we have dynamic marketing needs that require lots of agility. You’ll write copy for channels like email, paid social media, direct mail, landing pages, radio spots, traditional out of home, and television.
ABOUT THE TEAM
You’ll work with our Marketing team to understand the objectives of our ads and campaigns, then partner closely with marketing designers to distill, brainstorm, and concept the right idea for the project. You’ll collaborate with cross-functional partners like Communications, Legal, Product, and more, and pitch your ideas to the team lead, marketing leaders, and the executive team.
ABOUT THE JOB
The right candidate can produce either smart, practical, or clever copy—or a mix of all three—depending on the project. This writer knows how to bring others to a consensus about the right creative idea, and knows how to defend the work. And this writer also has the technical skills to blaze through an emergency email campaign that needs to go out the same day, or pitch a suite of ideas when the execs are asking for compelling messages around a campaign, for an audience, or for a particular holiday.
- You’re not just a writer, you’re someone who comes up with creative solutions.
- You don’t just produce copy when it’s requested, you ask questions to help the stakeholder figure out what they really need.
- You’ll collaborate with product designers, marketing, and other cross-functional partners—you can weave the complexities of their worlds into a simple message that the outside world needs to hear.
- You can immerse yourself in the brand and the business, and know how much of each should emerge in a line.
- You understand optimization, and that creative work is never finished, only iterated upon.
- You can defend your work, you’re not shy about coming up with ideas, and you take feedback (especially from your non-creative team members) with grace.
- You’re equally comfortable planning for a campaign as hustling to write copy that needs to go live in hours due to a world-changing event, all while adhering to the company voice and style.
- 5+ years of experience writing copy, either in-house or agency, and preferably with experience writing for tech marketplaces
- An extremely high attention to detail and organization
- Outstanding collaboration skills with the desire, passion, and patience to work cross-functionally in order to establish and meet shared organizational goals
- The ability to remain calm and focused when handling multiple projects; meets deadlines with ease and accuracy
- Comfort and enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment
- A portfolio of highly polished, world-class work. Projects may range from campaigns to activations to performance marketing.