Doordash’s mission is to grow and empower local economies. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash connects people with the local businesses they care about — helping grow businesses and the communities that support those businesses.
To further this mission, we're looking for a customer-obsessed, hands-on, Senior Marketing Manager. Based out of our San Francisco headquarters and reporting into the Director of Consumer Marketing, you will help us solve complex and exciting consumer challenges by leveraging our data and insights to develop audience-specific strategies and programs to drive consumer growth, loyalty and increase brand health metrics. You will work cross-functionally as a partner to Growth Marketing, Product, Strategy, and the Creative teams to roll out these programs and drive ongoing growth and engagement within our primary target audiences, use cases and occasions. This role demands a mastery of marketplace knowledge to unlock customers with the goal of creating engaging and hard-working brand experiences. Effortless cross-functional collaboration is a must - as this role will touch every part of the business.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Develop tactics that bring cultural relevance to our platform amongst targeted audiences.
- Create clear and actionable data-driven strategies to evolve and drive volume in new and existing markets
- Build audience-specific plans across moments and passion points (might include; Food, Music, Entertainment, Sports)
- Win support for your campaign ideas from all relevant partners, including DoorDash executives and external partners
- Manage relationships with cross-functional teams to execute campaigns; in particular, coordinate tightly with other marketing functions, including brand strategy, social, creative and PR to ensure campaigns fit with overall DoorDash initiatives and communications timelines
- Assess marketing opportunities to identify potential campaigns and partnerships through collaboration with the Insights team, data analysis and other sources of information available within DoorDash; commission external data when needed
- Track record of breakthrough newsworthy campaigns, creativity, and innovative thinking.
- Track record of driving business success through Marketing.
- Fluency across the marketing mix - both in brand-building and direct response.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized, dependable, self-motivated & ability to multi-task.
- Strategic and business-minded - you find trends in the data and look for the “so what”.
- Creative and collaborative - you love working with a team and solving challenging problems.
- BA, MBA preferred
- 7+ years Brand Marketing experience with budget accountability, ideally within a major household brand.
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.