Senior Marketing Manager, Japanese Market at Udemy
| San Francisco
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:18 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, October 1, 2020
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We’re looking for a dynamic and experienced leader to accelerate the growth and adoption of the Udemy in Japan and establish Udemy as the leading online education marketplace where people would come to sharpen their skills to change their lives through learning. You will be responsible for all aspects of the Japanese consumer marketing function including growth marketing, online marketing and demand generation. In conjunction with our Japanese partner, Benesse, and our marketing team, you’ll lead our market expansion strategy and efforts in Japan. We've experienced tremendous growth over the last few years, and we’ll see continued high growth in Japan and this role will be key to scaling our growth efforts
The ideal candidate for this role will be a leader who can successfully partner cross-functionally with a variety of teams within the consumer marketing at Udemy to create key winning strategies that will build Udemy’s presence in key target audiences in Japan. Attention to detail, experience in the Japanese market, strong communication skills, and working in a high growth business environment are a must.
This is a full-time position located in our San Francisco office and will include travel to Japan. This role reports to the Director of Business Development.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Manage the strategy and execution of all of our Japanese growth efforts (including paid and organic channels, SEO, demand generation, supply pipeline generation, and market specific campaigns).
- Develop a deep understanding of the Japanese market, culture and competitive landscape, adapt it for its needs and educate teams about related local trends.
- Effectively collaborate with both Udemy and Benesse’s marketing team to scale and grow the business in Japan.
- Establish and maintain a regular reporting cadence of key metrics for Japan
- Work closely with our partner Benesse to ensure optimal marketing impacts to generate the demands; think strategically like a GM versus simply a marketer. Facilitate growth and development of team members within the Japan team (Benesse/Udemy) through coaching and mentorship
- Lead and optimize current demand gen in partnership with the marketing team.
- Foster a positive team culture that rewards top performers, promotes growth and attracts new talent
We're excited about you because you have:
- 6 or more years of consumer demand generation experience
- A love of analytics and a proven track record of using data to find and scale profitable acquisition channels.
- Deep industry knowledge of cutting edge demand generation methods, including digital, social, online and web optimization,
- Experience using high-quality content to drive new customers
- A strong bias toward action and the ability to lead your team to become experts at rapidly testing and scaling acquisition channels
- Strong communication and messaging skills with internal stakeholders and externally with customers, partners, industry analysts and media
- Experience with Marketing Technology tools and systems like Google Analytics and others.
- Expert in Content Marketing, Analytics, Paid Marketing, Social Media, and Search Marketing
- Experience managing complex projects, meeting deadlines and handling several projects at a time with a high attention to detail
- Fearlessly suggest new ideas to try new approaches and open new opportunities
- Must be fluent in Japanese and English to communicate within the team.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description